Position – Senior Associate Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
- Position is part of a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) team that is responsible for supporting the Combustion, emission, performance and mechanical development of Caterpillar engines. Candidate will be responsible for supporting the Global team in design, development, and validation of mechanical system performance through CFD analysis. Candidate will be responsible for doing CFD simulation independently and improve/develop new processes. Candidate is expected to evaluate different designs and provide suitable recommendations to improve/develop new products. Candidate must ensure compliance to all process requirements & Quality systems. Candidate will be responsible for mentoring and guiding team members on technical aspects.
- PhD/Masters/Bachelors from reputed institute in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering (0 to 8 Years of Industrial Experience) with specialization in the fields of fluid and thermal sciences. Candidate is expected to have strong background in Multiphase flow, heat transfer, turbulence and numerical methods.
Key Skill Sets:
- Knowledge of underlying theoretical principles of Mechanical Engineering.
- Working experience in gas turbine components
- Strong knowledge of Multiphase flow and turbulence models
- Hands on experience in Star CCM+ and ANSYS Fluent
- Hands on experience in modeling lube system, Conjugate heat transfer
- Experience in working with global teams in engine and powertrain development
Preferred Skills Sets:
- Prior experience in CFD modeling (PhD/MTech/Btech with 0-8 years of industrial experience)
- Strong Knowledge of CFD tools: Star CCM+/ Ansys Fluent
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems
- Experience in working on Gas turbine systemes
- Good understanding of Fluid Mechanics & Heat Transfer and Multiphase flow fundamentals
- Experience with internal & external flow, Conjugate heat transfer including radiation, multiphase flow and transient analysis preferably in automotive / aerospace domain.
- Positive attitude, team work, global diversity work culture and good communication.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work groups
- Candidate willing to work in Chennai
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Self-starter with an inquisitive mind
- Strong customer focus with ability to work closely and deliver timely support
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently
- Relocation is available for this position.
- Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .