Position – Section Manager 2
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Maharashtra, IN
Job Duties Include but not limited to:
- Monitor and improve safety on the shop floor; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean product environment.
- Determines processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements.
- Daily tie-in with production management to designate work load, priorities and sequence for work assigned.
- Determines overtime need, determines priorities when resources are insufficient, and decides when disciplinary action is necessary.
- Ensures the quality of product produced and conforms to Caterpillars Quality Policy while maintaining cost.
- Ensure necessary parts and materials are ordered and distributed in a timely and efficient manner
- Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, CQMS/ISO certification, etc.
The following are the specific requirements for this job .,
- Experience in managing a team in Welding Process environment with necessary qualification .
- Thorough knowledge on Fabrication processes, such as Fit-up, Manual & Robot welding and Machining Process Knowledge, to guide the team for continuous improvement.
- Leadership capability to lead the shop floor employees to meet the required safety, Quality , velocity and cost targets.
- Requires at least 3 to 4 years of shop floor experience and have a mechanical aptitude. Must have a thorough knowledge of CPS processes and tools, machine shop operations, equipment and processes plus familiarity with materials and quality objectives. Caterpillar Green Belt certification is a plus. A college degree or its equivalent is required for this position. 3 to 4 years prior experience in strategic planning and supervisory experience is desirable.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
About the Company
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.