Position – Manufacturing Engineer 1-2
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
CAREER AREA: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Job Profile Summary
To assist technical services management by performing technical analysis of manufacturing processes, systems, heat treatment, N/C programming, cellular manufacturing, etc. to permit effective management decisions.
JOB-RELATED STATISTICS: Indeterminate
- This is a staff assignment that, independently or as part of a team, is involved in the maintenance and improvement of processes and systems used in the manufacture of products.
- This is a fully functioning journey-level position, for an incumbent with a varied amount of remanufacturing experience, who may obtain assistance from a more experienced senior-level person.
- Troubleshoots day-to-day process problems initiate solutions and follow up to evaluate the effectiveness of changes to ensure practical cleaning, salvage, machining, fabrication, assembly, testing, storing, packing, and moving of production material within the components group.
- Designs or directs the acquisition, design, fabrication, and repair of all necessary tooling and machines.
- Monitors all exchange and in-house requirements, monitors salvage rates, analyzes core receipts and schedules, and procures all new parts necessary to meet schedules.
- Determines, contacts and negotiates with external suppliers for machines, tooling, parts, and contracted labor.
- Analyzes engineering change notices, determines any part or process change, and initiates and implements all changes.
- Establishes and maintains bill of materials and work orders to support cost management system.
- Answers one-on-one end-customer complaints or questions and make any required process changes. Assumes day-to-day coaching duties in absence of the team leader.
- Analyzes and recommends current and future systems, procedures, training, and equipment needs to be based upon understanding and communication with users.
- Determines acceptability of new equipment based on usage requirements and recommends modification or revision as necessary.
- Provides analysis and recommendations needed to allow manufacturing to produce the engineering product designs.
- Provides effective communication and services in solving production problems or pursuing operations improvements.
- Simulates present and future machine lines and cells to predict line flow problems and make recommendations for implementation.
- Conducts investigations to assist in resolving heat treatment mechanical and technical problems. Performs quality checks on equipment, fluids, etc.
- used in heat treatment operations and coordinates heat treat start-up and shut-down procedures before and after extended shutdown periods.
- Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc. in performing assigned duties.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .