Position – Logistics Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- The job duties are to design and implement successful logistics solutions. To be successful, one must utilize technical skills and soft skills described below.
- This role is responsible for leading or supporting the proposal, design, and implementation of all logistics related processes, machinery & equipment, storage concepts, among other things for Cat Parts.
- Along with handling projects, this role is responsible for monitoring and reporting facility Storage cube utilization, Labor capacity and area level productivity. Identifying and executing safety, quality, storage, and productivity improvement opportunity. Identifying and commissioning new warehousing storage and handling technology.
- The technical skills are defined in 7 key skills: data purification & analysis; warehouse storage design; machinery & equipment design and procurement; workforce & equipment planning; logistics process design; inventory transfer & rearrangement planning; and integrating supply chain knowledge into warehouse design. In addition, it is expected that there is knowledge about the local WMS system and can integrate this into the overall design of the facility.
- In addition to technical skills, one must demonstrate intermediate to strong skilled levels of the following values-based competencies (VBCs): integrity & trust; building inclusive relationships; customer focus; problem solving; priority setting; and dealing with uncertainty.
- Although the requirements above describe most of the responsibilities, due to the breadth of issues that arise on projects, it is sometimes expected to take on other responsibilities outside of this job description.
- During SPM conversion, work on requirements gathering and blueprinting, Testing, Training and Onsite support.
- Provide daily on-going EWM and/or parts order business support.
- Development and maintenance support responsibilities for the parts ordering and EWM system- test emergency and/or system enhancement change requests, developing new users worldwide coordinating communications, and providing installation and support
BACKGROUND /EXPERIENCE :
- College degree in supply chain, logistics, industrial or mechanical engineering
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the year, with some months more than that.
- Be proficient in English as well as the local language where the engineer is based.
- 5+ years of related experience in warehouse planning and design, supply chain, or manufacturing
Desired Skills :
- Solution and commissioning of various warehouse automation such as ASRS, mini load, AutoStore, Autonomous vehicle
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & AutoCAD)
- WMS, SAP-EWM knowledge
- Experience with PowerBI reports
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world – making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent.
With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
IT’S YOUR CAREER. MAKE IT MATTER
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.