Position – Engineer – Transmission/Axle Design
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
The person will be team member within drivetrain India team and will have responsibility for design and development of Transmission / Axle systems.
This person will ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability. Responsible for design and developing concepts and participate in global NPI & CPI issues in line with Caterpillar product development processes. Responsibilities of this position demand that the incumbent understand complex technical problems and demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions.
Job duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in design & development of Transmission / Lower Powertrain system & subsystems (Planetary, countershaft, Differential, Brakes, OTG, ITG, etc)
- Expert in the design of components such as Castings, Gears, Splines, Shaft & Bearings
- Develop solutions for complex technical problems and accountable for the design or improvement of drivetrain systems or processes
- Functional Transmission Interface knowledge like Torque Convertor, Control Valves, cooling system, pumps, End of line test specification, etc.
- Should have worked on design and development of transmission / Axle
- Should be able to define and improve performance, Durability requirements
- Will do calculations for design decisions and necessary analysis and computer simulations.
- Must be able to effectively program manage their projects, identifying resources, and managing to deadlines.
- Strong Component Manufacturing Knowledge with the ability to collaborate with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Product Support, and Quality & Reliability groups to solve issues
- Must be able to communicate technically with process partners on a regular basis
- Will be responsible to review engineering drawings before releasing, review deviations, and managing all risks with effective DVP&R and DFMEA.
- Can Interpret results from calculations, analysis, FEA, Testing, and Conclude. Should able to Should have the ability to gather relevant data, synthesizes the data, and identify relationships to predict failure modes.
- Will be responsible to review engineering drawings before releasing, review deviations, and managing all risks with effective DVP and DFMEA.
- Provide technical guidance within the team and supporting organizations.