Position – Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Creates concepts and supports the design and development of complex engineering projects
- Develop, maintain, and communicate Bill of Material structure for Hard Rock Vehicles.
- Build and manage machine top level Creo models
- Assure quality modelling techniques are used in the development of the components, groups and systems for the shovel
- Manage space claim and resolve interferences on machine platform, coordinating with supporting engineering teams
- Interact with supporting teams to maintain product-line commonality
- Provides guidance to other engineers responsible for portions of the product project to ensure development schedules are met.
- Support virtual build reviews for planning, operations, safety, and serviceability personnel
- Maintain machine technical specification documents
- Support marketing and commercial teams with technical information and simplified models
- Review platform specific literature to ensure accuracy prior to publishing
- Support product health organization using technical expertise and product knowledge in addressing machine CPI and customer issues
- Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products
- Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems
- Travels to foreign and domestic plants, dealerships and customer job sites to solve design problems or to field-test locations to evaluate a product improvement
Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum and 4-12 years in progressive assignments to gain experience in engineering and manufacturability concepts
Relevant industry experience
- High level of proficiency in Creo and Teamcenter engineering systems
- Knowledge of the engineering releasing and product change control processes
- Knowledge of Caterpillar processes (i.e. NPI, CPPD, PPRD, APQP, CPI)
- Strong analytical skills and mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a global engineering environment
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities as needs arise
- Prior off highway machine mechanical design experienceRelocation is available for this position.
- Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.