Position – Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
JOB PURPOSE: To direct and participate in the concept and design of complex engineering products for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, serviceability at the most affordable cost.
JOB DUTIES: This position represents the journey level position within design engineering. The primary role of an Engineer is that of an individual contributor to the planning and delivery of a project.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
Design and development of new components, subsystems or processes.
- Support for validation & testing activities of mechanical components and subsystems;
- Work on continuous cost reduction ideas;
- Work closely with key suppliers on new product development;
- Communicate technical information to customers, team members, suppliers, and other units;
- Support facilities, dealers, or customers for product maintenance.
Success factors – –Demonstrating excellent analytical skills and a mastery of engineering concepts. Major challenges facing incumbents are meeting design goals for cost, reliability, performance, timeliness, and managing multiple priorities.
The incumbent will have opportunities to work with a diverse cross-function team for the development of world-class engineering solutions for our global products.
Engineers must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience, and staying abreast of technology.
Key skills and Knowledge requirement:
- Must have thorough design knowledge in one or more of the following- Structural components like Baseframe, Enclosure, Cooling System, Air & Exhaust systems.
- Should have a working knowledge of 3D/2D design & PLM software.
- Application of GD&T and tolerance stack up.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and technical leadership.
- Must be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Mechanical Engineering degree with 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Diesel & Gas Gensets including design requirements for Noise regulations and ambient capability.
- Finite Element Analysis of structural components.
- Understanding of International standards like ISO8528 and UL2200.
- Knowledge of the NPI process.
- Working knowledge of Creo, Creo Simulate & Teamcenter.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.