Position – Design Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Specifically, in this exciting career opportunity, you are expected to:
- Prepare concept, design, development, and feasibility studies for electric based machines.
- Possess knowledge and ability to complete machine performance simulation.
- Perform Machine integration and layout.
Added advantage if you have experience towards:
- System level power calculation
- Energy calculation at machine level based on application
- Sizing and selecting components (based on newer Technology)
- Component integration
- Exposure to design & development of road construction machines.
To be successful you must bring (basic qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university or equivalent relevant experience.
- High Degree of familiarity with Teamcenter Engineerng, Creo, JT Model Translation, Engineering releasing standards, BIQ tools.
- 6 Sigma / Lean exposure
- Proven skills in effective communication
- Expertise in machine and system integration
Top Candidates will also have:
- Strong initiative to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
About The Company
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.