Position – Associate Engineer- Heavy Fabrication/Engine Packaging
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- As an Associate Engineer, you will be supporting the Large Engines team to perform Engine or Genset System integration in various applications including Electric Power, oil and gas or Marine towards NPI, CPI, Maintenance, Cost Reduction programs. You will work with a team to solve technical problems and delivery projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and guide team members, and deepen your professional network
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and development of Genset components, systems, and related processes
- Engine or Genset System integration for various applications
- Technical drawings, schematics, and engine room or power plant layouts.
- Mechanical design of gensets incl. all detail drawings, the center of gravity, mounting, installation drawing, and bill of material.
- 2D/3D drawings of welded constructions, piping arrangements, supporting steel structures, exhaust gas and combustion air system arrangements
- Basic construction-related calculation (for eg system backpressure)
- Determine mechanical components (i.e. compensator) for customer contract.
- Utilize & follow key product development processes (FMEA, DVP&R, APQP, PPAP, etc.) inherent in NPI, CPI & Cost Reduction Programs.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing Engineers during the proto development
- Following and updating designs through Virtual Validation, Build, Test, and Validation processes
- Keeps abreast of latest technological advancements
- Knowledge of Engineering Materials and Manufacturing processes like Casting, Forging, Machining, Surface Finishing, and Heat Treatment Processes are needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 to 4 years of experience in the Design, Development, and Integration of engines into systems for various applications
- Product knowledge on Engine Mechanical systems and components (fabrications, castings, hoses, pipes, drivelines)
- Strong analytical skills & good mechanical aptitude with the ability to develop product concepts
- Willingness to travel globally up to 15%.
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ph.D./Master’s degree in an accredited Indian or Global Engineering schools
- Proficiency with component design & development
- Excellent analytical skills (including an understanding of Bolted Joint Analysis, Tolerance stack-up, FEA, Vibrations)
- Ability to perform complex assignments
- Self-starter with strong project management skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, technically challenging environment