Caterpillar is Hiring | Associate Engineer |
Position – Sr. Associate Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- This position is responsible for the Modelling & detailing of fabricated performance structures such as Cabs, Worktools and Casting/Forging components such as Ground Engaging Tools (GET)
- The position is responsible to create fabricated structures, casting/forging engineering drawings for 00 (NPI & Custom) and Engineering Changes (CPI, Cost reduction, Maintenance)
- Capable of ensuring the manufacturability of Fabricated structures and Castings/Forgings while creating the drawings
- Capable of generating appropriate dimensions, tolerances, GD&T and specifications meeting corporate standards
- Actively participate in problem-solving analysis, technical discussions and NPI Cycle
- Responsible to communicate with the international process partners for getting inputs and Sharing the outcomes.
- Accountable for all end – end activities for the task assigned
- With Strong Technical Know How, Problem Solving & Accountability should be able to generate Pull from Process partners
- 5-10 years of experience in Modelling & Detailing of fabricated performance structures and Castings/Forgings
- BE/Associated Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering major Proficiency in Creo Modelling & Detailing
- Ability to apply standard Caterpillar and/or industry design standards and specifications Critical Competencies – Initiative, Accountability, Communication Skills (Written/Oral) Modelling & Detailing/ Manufacturing
- Knowledge on fabricated performance structures and large Cast structure components
- Ability to effectively communicate in English in work environment Strong initiative, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills Excellent problem-solving and people skills Demonstrated sense of urgency when it comes to serving internal and external customers
- Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.