Position – Associate Engineer – Hydraulic Installation
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As an Associate Engineer, you will be working on Hydraulics system installation of various Motor Grader products and you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network. You will lead NPI projects, be responsible to deliver PQVC targets (People, Quality, Velocity & Cost), Maintain the Product Health through resolving 12MIS/2MIS – CPI issues, will be involved in regional supplier development and support aftermarket/mine site services.
Skills/Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform Hose/Tube design, Mounting structures/brackets design (capable to do complex design in Creo). Must to have hands on iron experience with these components.
- Perform hyd. Components placement by checking the layout of the whole machine along with an understanding of the hydraulic system/schematic and create concepts to further evaluate and select.
- Strong knowledge in hose/tube assembly routing, material properties and hose fittings.
- Ability to provide detailed interpretation of hydraulic schematics and troubleshoot on machine hydraulic systems.
- Actively support a prototype, pilot, or production build and on-machine hydraulic system test.
- Validate hydraulics components selection & sizing.
- Perform bolted joint analysis & Creo simulate or equivalent FEA analysis.
- Effectively apply design related Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) steps
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, engineering drawings, manufacturing processes and Machine Bill of Material (BOM).
- Performs design calculations and accountable for design decisions.
- Research and develop new technology
- Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas. Evaluate new products, processes, or systems.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant work experience required: 3-5 years with Bachelor Degree or 2-3 years with Master Degree
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .