Position – Engineer/Senior Engineer
Who is Caterpillar?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
Job Responsibilities And Duties
- Design and development of Solutions products and components backed up by technical drawings, calculations, instructions and bills of materials to enable the manufacture and assembly of specialist genset enclosures.
- Providing technical support to production & manufacturing facilities in Northern Ireland and overseas.
- Providing technical and general guidance to associate engineers as required.
- Investigating & resolving issues affecting production of Solutions builds.
- Liaison with other Departments such as marketing, purchasing, validation & quality on the resolution of design specification queries & production issues.
- Specification and requisition of production materials for manufacture and finished components for assembly.
- The recording and control of documentation issued for manufacture.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline with extensive work-related experience.
- Previous experience of working in a product design/development environment
- Working experience of a production environment
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings in accordance with recognised standards.
- Extensive experience of working with Creo or similar 3D Modelling Software in a previous role.
- Experience of working with Auto-Cad or similar 2D drafting software in a previous role.
- A competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.