Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – BuroHappold Engineering
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Engineer a sustainable future
Are you passionate about creating innovative, elegant and sustainable engineering solutions for complex construction projects?
Do you want to develop yourself further in an exciting, international environment?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team in Hyderabad.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who wants to leave their mark on some of the most exciting projects in the India and further afield.Type of contractPermanentGradeEngineerArea of ExpertiseBuilding EnvironmentRegionMiddle East, India and AsiaOffice / Project LocationHyderabadClosing Date24/09/2021Ref No5169
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
Your responsibilities will be extremely varied, but can typically be expected to comprise…
- Undertaking detailed mechanical engineering design
- Preparing technical schedules.
- Planning and managing CAD documentation of design work.
- Monitoring performance of Technician (as appropriate).
- Under guidance of senior staff, representing Buro Happold at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Ensuring service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Ensuring senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Mentoring and assisting Graduate Engineers.
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
In return we’d expect you to bring the following:
- 3-6 years’ experience in mechanical engineering within an MEP Consultancy environment.
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organisation, combined with ability to work independently.
- Broad building design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects.
- Excel skills (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- Although mechanically biased it is expected that you will have a good understanding of electrical concepts and their impact upon the overall project. Ideally also showing an awareness of other key design team members such as architects, structural and civil engineers.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, IES, and Hevacomp software
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering from a reputed institute.
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
We can offer a stimulating and challenging environment, excellent scope for progression and the opportunity to work on a wide range of outstanding projects in India and further afield. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide network of engineers and specialists across the global practice to further enhance your skills and technical knowledge. We can offer you an interesting range of work and an excellent personal challenge as we support you to develop your career to new heights.
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. Buro Happold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We recognise and are committed to change the lack of representation of minority groups in our industry, and particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic individuals, disabled people and women across all our offices. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.