Position – Component Engineering – Engineer
Company – Burckhardt Compression
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
- Use internal engineering tools (RecipCalc, ValveCalc, and Sealing System) and develop component sourcing localization in India
- Collaboration with R&D for valves, rings & packings.
- Support and collaboration of strategic and operative projects.
- Sizing and designing for customer requests and executing orders in collaboration with internal functions.
- Calculation and sizing of compressor parts based on internal and external guidelines and regulations.
- Creation and verification of technical offers incl. manufacturing costs and lead times.
- Support of various departments within Burckhardt compression related to the dedicated working area.
- Customer project execution including preparation of technical specifications for procurement
- Safe use of internal engineering tools.
- Capture and share know-how.
- Development, maintenance as well giving presentations.
- Participate to give technical inputs for optimization.
- Create and approve technical documents, drawings, calculations, Bills of material
- Create and approve feasibility studies.
- Collaboration with production planning to achieve optimized manufacturing of parts.
- Adequate, sustainable handling and storage of relevant data and documents.
- Resolve nonconformance, field complaints, implement suggestions/feedback received from the customer
- Value engineering approach
- Approval of technical sizing and design in relation to valve and ring products.
- Introduction of technical and production optimization ideas.
- Take technical decisions.
- Ensure continuous optimization process.
- Setting adequate prioritizations in the daily business.
- Ensure compliance to relevant quality guidelines and regulations with relation to the field of competence.
- Mechanical design engineering (Bachelor/Master)
- Professional experience in reciprocating compressor component design 2- 5 years
- Experience in project management
- Experience in thermal and fluid dynamics
- Experience in finite element analyses
- Experience in team management
- MS Office, Siemens NX or similar CAD software.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP).
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Team player, open-minded, communicative, flexible, independent with assertiveness.
- Good social competencies.
- Ability to react and execute necessary measurements in a timely manner in case of deviations.
- Based in Vadodara, frequently travel to Vadodara/Pune. Be able to travel overseas in future
Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Execution efficiency.
- On time delivery.
- Quality of daily business.
- Amount of NCR with relation to engineering
Burckhardt Compression offers interesting work and excellent development opportunities within a diversified and international environment. Attractive working conditions and an open corporate culture lived in daily values, are our advantages. Our flexible working models will allow you to combine private interests with work. Hybrid work / working from home will allow you to manage your work life.
Burckhardt Compression India
Burckhardt Compression creates leading compression solutions for a sustainable energy future and the long-term success of its customers. The Group is the only global manufacturer that covers a full range of reciprocating compressor technologies and services. Since 1844, its passionate, customer-oriented, and solution-driven workforce has set the benchmark in the gas compression industry.