Position – Associate Engineer, R&D Job
Company – Boston Scientific Corporation
Location – New Delhi, Delhi, IN
Associate Engineer, R&D Job
Boston Scientific’s hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.Remote Eligible: HybridOnsite Location(s): New Delhi, IN
Additional Location(s): India-New Delhi
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
The Engineer I has engineering/science education, basic technical skill set, and the ability to work in a team setting. Applies engineering/scientific skills and commitment to quality to execute experiments and complete data analysis in support of projects. He/she is gaining knowledge in scientific/engineering concepts, business practices, and core business principles.
- Supports testing of new technologies and targets for research within functional area.
- Generates data to support publications, posters, presentations, and internal documents.
- Develops an understanding of experiments/protocols and design process; executes under direction; completes routing work independently within functional area.
- Applies basic data analysis; develops understanding of more complex data analysis; identifies basic problematic issues with data; compares results with historical data.
- Summarizes results, contributes to the generation of technical reports, and completes experimental paperwork/lab notebook documentation.
- Develops methods and processes under direction from senior technical staff.
- Complies with site and department specific procedures on record keeping, use of log books, materials receiving, and inventory control. Completes time records and reports projects allocated time. Adheres to all EH&S procedures and general housekeeping SOP’s. Remains knowledgeable of technologies within functional area.
Academic qualifications & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering ( B.E./B.Tech) with 2+ years of Exp
- Good Knowledge of CAD tools (Solidworks preferred)
- Should be able to read and interpret Engineering CAD drawings
- Strong knowledge & understanding of Engineering fundamentals and Design calculations
- Good Communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Not applicable.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
An entry level professional. General knowledge and application of technical and business concepts, procedures, and practices. Interprets company policies and procedures to resolve issues. Beginning knowledge of industry practices and standards.
Applies professional concepts and company policies and procedures, analyzes data or situations, and exercises judgment to recommend solutions to solve problems. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be obtained.
Planning and Organization
Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule with guidance from manager.
Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making
Receives general supervision. Makes recommendations which may be reviewed by manager. May exercise authority within limits. May seek guidance in resolving problems.
Business Relationships and Project Management
Begins establishing and cultivating internal business relationships to facilitate completion of tasks. May participate in project teams.
Participates in the completion of departmental projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require an expenditure of resources to rectify.
Engages with internal company and occasional external contacts. Uses discretion, diplomacy and tact in interactions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Job-specific training requirements associated with responsibilities and tasks personnel perform are established and demonstrated through their individual learning plan.
Please contact your local EH&S department for more information on physical requirements.
Requisition ID: 536353
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, R&D, Compliance, Housekeeping, Engineering, Research, Legal, Healthcare, Entry Level