Position – Sr. Engineer/Assistant Manager_Purchasing Project Management
Company – Bosch Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
In India, Bosch is a leading supplier of technology and services in the areas of Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. Additionally, Bosch has in India the largest development center outside Germany, for end-to-end engineering and technology solutions. The Bosch Group operates in India through twelve companies with a combined strength of over 31,500 associates which includes around 15,650 research and development associates.
Bosch Automotive Electronics India Pvt. Ltd. (RBAI) is a 100% subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH. Established in 2009, in Naganathapura – Bengaluru, RBAI is primarily focused on manufacturing electronic products for the automotive sector. RBAI has consistently added an average of one product every year resulting in a wide range of products comprising – Engine Control Units (ECU) for both 4W and 2W, Body Control Modules (BCM), ECUs for ABS, DC-DC Converters, iTraMS (Intelligent communication control unit) to name a few. RBAI also produces products for eMobility like MCU (Motor control Unit), C-Box (Communication Box), VCUs (Vehicle Control Unit), and Central gateway modules and is geared up for other futuristic products. RBAI with its diverse portfolio, not only caters to local markets but also exports products to all major global customers. The Naganathapura Plant (NhP1) is seen as a benchmark in Operational Excellence in AE and Bosch India, using an integrated approach of Bosch Production System (BPS) and I4.0. With a young and agile team, RBAI’s mission statement ‘Be RBAI’ (Be Reliable Benchmark Agile Innovative) is a testament to our commitment to providing best-in-class products and services for its customers.
Project manager – Techno-commercial
First point of contact for the program.
- Liaise and support work packages which includes localization & change management projects for automotive business & Emerging business field (NBF)
- Liaise between CFT & business partner for techno-commercial activities (Part of SE team )
- Execute /implementation of Ratio projects (VA/VE) Ability to transfer technical requirements to suppliers in alignment with engineering
- Steer Global and Local SE meetings in Coordination with lead plant, development, engineering, and business units for change and localization projects.
- Product BOM Costing Representing Purchasing in QGS
- Coordination between commercial buyer, Supplier development, manufacturing & logistics team on administration, purchasing preparation, and supplier development activities (Lean & ramp-up taskforce)
Support and coordinate the new initiatives in the department
- Project management as per guidelines and deliverables
- Usage of IT tools according to the guidelines
- Complete Purchasing review as well as Purchasing evaluation as per purchasing guidelines
- Idea generation for ratio projects ( VA/VE ) as per the target
- Spearheading execution of sourcing of components using pilum, technical & commercial feasibility confirmation
- Driving the timely implementation of purchasing project management process with adherence to quality gates Target cost achievement
- Knowledge regarding digitalization – Power BI, RPA & Data Analytics
- B.E in Mechanical / Electronics / Electrical with
- 0 to 4 years for Sr. Engineer
- 4 to 7 years for Asst. Manager
Deep knowledge of the neutral data sheets, Electronics supply chain risk management knowledge
Know-How on Zero-based costing. Project Management experience, monitoring and
reviewing timelines, follow-up process, and escalation internally / externally. Technical know-how in manufacturing process
i.e. casting/plastic / electro-mechanical parts.
- Good knowledge of SAP and other IT tools including MS Projects
- Basic knowledge of the raw material used & relevant source
- Understanding of MPN and Agile framework
Good interpersonal skills, Self-driven & motivated, Strong communication & presentation skills Language skills: English, German (preferred) & local languages as an added advantage
- Experience in agile project management skills