BorgWarner is Hiring | CAE Development Engineer |
Position – CAE Development Engineer – FEA
Company – BorgWarner
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The CAE Development Engineer is responsible for supporting product design and development through computer-based design analysis activities. This role primarily consists of finite element-based structural analysis, including model meshing, loads determination, results analysis, correlation testing, along with data interpretation and report writing. Products are focused on vehicle electric drivelines and include electric transmissions and E -motors. This CAE role also includes developing and introducing new analytical techniques into engineering as needed to benefit product design and development. The CAE Development Engineer must also support CAE group infrastructure growth and maintenance. The person in this role must demonstrate characteristics which foster team progress, show diligence in daily tasks, takes the initiative to take on challenging assignments, and has the will and ability to create opportunities.
- the engineering program and component release functions through analysis and design suggestions.
- Strong Support new and current product design and development process through FEA analyses and reporting using Ansys Workbench and/or the Altair Suite.
- Conduct analysis independently using CAE tools
- Support analysis using sound engineering explanation and hand calculations
- Recommend alternative analysis approaches and design solutions to meet the functional targets
- Support fundamental knowledge in strength of materials and failure theory for metals and vibration concept.
- Support development and implementation of CAE group functional and technical capabilities; carry and manage CAE group internal initiatives.
- Interact confidently and professionally with stakeholders at all levels.
- Structural Analysis
Qualifications and Requirements:
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering degree and 4+ years of engineering work experience analyzing/designing automotive transmission components
- Strong aptitude in modeling and simulation with ability to solve engineering problems
- Experience in strength, stiffness, and stress in linear and nonlinear (material and contact) domains
- Experience with performing shape and size design optimization
- Experience with fatigue calculations and material properties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Required Software Experience
- Ansys Workbench
- Altair Suite
- nCode DesignLife
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the exceptions and requirements of internal and external customers; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Dealing with Paradox – Can act in ways that seem contradictory; Is very flexible and adaptable when facing tough calls; Can combine seeming opposites like being compassionately tough, standing up for self without trampling others, setting strong but flexible standards; Can act differently depending upon the situation; Is seen as balanced despite the conflicting demands of the situation.
- Problem-Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; Probes all fruitful sources for answers; Can see hidden problems; Is excellent at honest analysis; Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; A relentless and versatile learner; Open to change; Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; Experiments and will try anything to find solutions; Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Creativity – Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Action Oriented – Practices attentive and active listening; Has the patience to hear people out; Can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Functional Technical Skills – Has the functional knowledge and skill to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; Eliminates roadblocks; Creates focus.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; Very bottom-line oriented; Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Internal Use Only: Salary
select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Career Scam Disclaimer: BorgWarner makes no representations or guarantees regarding employment opportunities listed on any third-party website. To protect against career scams, job applicants should take the necessary precautions when interviewing for and accepting employment positions allegedly offered by BorgWarner. Applicants should never provide their national ID numbers, birth dates, credit card numbers, bank account information or other private information when communicating with prospective employers or responding to employment opportunities online. Job applicants are invited to contact BorgWarner through BorgWarner’s website to verify the authenticity of any employment opportunities.