Position – Senior Engineer – Design Engineering
- Participates as a key member of the program team to execute new custom design projects. Maintains existing designs.
- Designs Thermal components and assemblies by following established Design Engineering standards. Demonstrates proficiency with design CAD software including solid modeling, creating assemblies, creating and modifying associated drawings.
- Updates and maintains electronic CAD data adheres to established CMS processes and, and works within the established PDM system.
- Leads/participates in the design and drawing reviews for new components and Fan Drives on assigned projects. Adheres to established product release processes and standards. Participates in product gate reviews.
- Using the Change Management System initiates and coordinates critical design changes with Manufacturing Engineering and Supplier Management teams while adhering to departmental standards.
- Teamwork- Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
- CAD knowledge and rapid use of CAD tools in generation of design and detail drawings/models including generation of solid models.
- Produces clear designs using accepted drafting standards and conventions
- Material selection, standards, and use knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Production / Automotive Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience mechanical design, 3-D modeling, and drawing releases Experienced in CAD tools (such as Solidworks, Creo, UG, Catia). However, fewer years may be considered based on a strong performance record, innovation, a track record of results & demonstrated exceptional competency at the prior level.
- Must have strong technical math skills, especially trigonometry and descriptive geometry.
- Some level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Casting design experience or equivalent manufacturing design experience is preferred. Understand the relationship between casting and machining of various components.
- Basic knowledge of fundamentals of internal combustion engines.
- Knowledge of Fans & Fan Drives is a plus.
- Good communication skill in English (written and spoken)
- Internal Use Only Salary