Position – Installation engineer
Company – Bombardier
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience, and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities, and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven, and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as an Installation Engineer.
About the role:
Installation Engineer should have good installation back ground in metro signaling preferably CBTC.
Key Responsibilities :
Planning and Coordination –
- He should plan the weekly installation plan base on global planning. He should provide progress update site ITC activities in accordance with the rolling program and actual site progress.
- Liaise with customers and other contractor’s day-to-day installation activities.
- Willing to work 24/7 based on the site requirement.
- Prepare/Update installation procedures, method statements and should complete the installation records on time.
- Should coordinate with other interface partners to short out site issues.
- Advance material planning as per the site requirement.
- Assure sites are properly stocked with installation and test tools while test tools are periodically calibrated per BT standards.
- He should independently be handling the sub-contractor for site-related issues.
- Be able to liaise with another contractor on various interface issues related to the installation works.
- He should raise NCR for any Engineering related issues at the site and follow up with the stakeholders for the closure
- He should raise MNCR for any material conformity at the site and follow up for the closure.
- Implement the Field change order( FCO) at the site
Installation Activities –
- Execute site installation activities and supervision of sub-contractors /partners undertaking the installation of signaling equipment.
- Assure quality inspections are performed on material and assemblies to have no punch points after installation.
- Assure equipment is properly stored prior to installation.
- Ensure sub-contractor’s quality of work achieves the desirable quality and workmanship level, with proper inspections and audits regularly.
- Provide NCR and action plan to rectify any anomalies found at the site.
- Record and register installation test records.
- Work with the design team for the evolution of drawings (ie. mark-up, modification sheets, transmittals, as-built drawings) until the completion of the installation stage.
Health, Safety and Environmental –
- Strictly follow the safety rules, regulations, and procedures as stated in the safety plan for internal staff and subcontractor(s) working at the site.
- Ensure all activities comply with Company OH&S policies and procedures.
- Working in a safe manner and notifying management of any areas in which safety can be improved.
- Promote and enforce safety awareness to the team and sub-contractors, by regular safety briefing sessions.
- Periodic site HSE audits.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication, Electrical, Mechanical or related fields
Relevant experience required
- 5+ years in the Installation of wayside signaling gears like point machine, signals, Axle counters, Cable laying (Copper and OFC), etc.
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology, offering the broadest portfolio in the industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling, and provide complete transport systems, e-mobility technology, and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, we continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility, and our integrated solutions create substantial benefits for operators, passengers, and the environment. And, headquartered in Berlin, Germany, we employ around 39,850 people, with products and services operating in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.