Position – Associate Structural & Payloads Design Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing’s LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and the future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrive when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee well-being.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing India Engineering is currently looking for a Structural & Payload Design Engineer to join their team in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS), and Boeing Global Services (BGS) business organizations.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration and shall work with the Engineering Manager, Project lead & Aerospace Struct & Payloads expert to develop or optimize the designs, and engineering process, analyze supplier quality issues, and support the development of cutting-edge technologies and digital initiatives.
- This position will be responsible to support the Structural & Payloads of a wide range of mechanical structures, systems, and other Aircraft /Aerospace components.
- his position will be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with team members in Boeing organizations and shall provide periodic updates on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- In this role, the Engineer will work independently or with minimum supervision to come up with conceptual and detailed designs based on the requirements. And Proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- This position will participate in and support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement, etc.
- The Engineer is responsible for quality deliverables according to the standards/requirements and supports Boeing Quality Management System Process. ➢ This position will be located in Boeing India Engineering, Chennai, India.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 2-5 Years of relevant Work experience.
- Experience in Interiors & Payloads design/ Installation (For example – Emergency Equipment, Galleys, etc…) & Structural design and Installation (For example – Floor Panels, Secondary Structures, etc…), Flammability, material properties, awareness of Industry Standards Aircraft requirements, Design, and certification.
- Experience in aerospace material selection, Detail, Assemble and Installation drawings, MBD – Model Based Definition creation), process specifications, performing analyses like tolerance stack up, and engineering or product quality investigation analyses.
- Experience in independently developing designs using CAD Tool CATIA for Modeling, Drafting & Model Based Definition is essential.
- Able to perform independently or with limited guidance from SME or tech fellow.
- Perform with a positive attitude and the highest work ethic.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical or equivalent disciplines.
- Experience in design and development as part of the New Product development process, redesigns, and Inservice design investigations.
- Good written/Email and verbal communication. Leading discussions, speaking in telecom/videoconference, and presentations via PowerPoint/WebEx.
- Basic understanding of aircraft certification processes and lifecycle.
- Experience in assigning GD&T and ability to understand the developed rationale for supplier designs and change proposals.
- Experience in the use of PDM/PLM tools such as ENOVIA.
- Knowledge of Data analytics and awareness of programming languages like Python etc.,
- Able to verify the accuracy of technical and non-technical data. Gathers relevant data for root cause analysis and produces changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor’s) and typically 2 to 5 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Relocation: This position offers relocation.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military, and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse, and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Experience Level – Individual Contributor
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon the program award
Schedule – Full time