Position – Associate System Engineer – Elect Power System
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing’s values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company’s commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is currently looking for Associate Systems Engineer to join their team in Bangalore, India. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) business organization.
A successful candidate will focus on working directly with the core Systems Engineering team, reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager
- Demonstrate excellence in Development and Review of high-integrity electric/network systems requirements, preferably in Aerospace domain.
- Demonstrate excellence in Electrical Power System development & certification; System design, integration testing and hardware unit level testing.
- Demonstrate excellence in development Assurance (ARP4754A);
- Create Interface control Drawings, understand wiring diagrams, mechanical 2D/3D design models
- Develop System test procedures.
- Should perform or able to Review System level DO 254/DO178C compliant System level testing
- Perform Requirements Management in DOORS.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, functional requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Coordinates with engineering functions to define requirements related to safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialty engineering groups.
- Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Present requirement, design and/or development revision and changes to formal change boards.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Capable of developing and independently reviewing system requirements for Electrical Power systems; Electrical Power systems development & certification;
- Very Good understanding of DO 254/DO178C/ARP4754A/ARP4761 standards is mandatory
- Strong knowledge in DO 160 Standards / MIL STD 704 & MIL STD 461 requirement is required
- Systems testing knowledge and Hands on experience in using test equipment’s is mandatory
- Exposure to development of DO 160 Qualification test procedures, hardware test procedures is preferred
- Hands on Experience on IBM Rational DOORS in Requirements Management is required
- Good experience on System design ofAvionics LRU components is preferred
- Familiarity of Reliability calculations such as FMEA, FTA and Reliability Tools is an added advantage
- Familiarity with airplane power generation systems is preferred
- Strong Written, verbal communication with engineers, management, and non-engineering support staff
- Experience in working with suppliers or other external stakeholders is preferred
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- INCOSE certification on Systems Engineering is an added advantage
- Detailed knowledge of FAA certification and airworthiness requirements is highly desired.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in test planning, setup, test development, execution, conducting tests in a lab or production environment
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in performing design, integration, and/or testing on avionics sub-systems, performing environmental testing (for example, Thermal Cycling and Vibration)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience with Test processes of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience with Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Setup/Programming
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelors Engineering degree, Preferably Electronics/Aeronautical/Electrical / Systems Engineering and typically 5+ or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 4+ years’ of related work experience etc.).
Relocation: This position Offers Relocation. Relocation Benefits are limited to in-country moves only