Position – Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing’s LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and the future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrive when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) is looking for resources in the Manufacturing Engineering domain to work in areas such as Instrumentation Installation Design and structural Tests for existing and future production aircraft testing purposes. This position will be located in the Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India, and will report to the Manager – Design Build, Boeing Test & Evaluation India.
- Test and evaluation engineers at Boeing make sure that products at the world’s largest aerospace company continue to meet the highest standards. From quality and reliability to safety and performance, their expertise is vital to the concept, design, and certifications of a wide variety of commercial and military systems. BT&E-India based in Bangalore, India is an integral part of BT&E and is engaged in engineering design build-in areas including flight and ground testing of completed full-scale products and more. The Boeing Test and Evaluation team in India is currently seeking engineers to support multiprogram test activities within the Design Build Manufacturing Engineering organization.
- Typical job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) working with the lead(s) and commodity focal(s) from both local & global locations to understand the build of the test article, analyze and interpret 2D and 3D engineering drawings and models, work across multiple disciplines to understand the manufacturing requirements, work in multiple manufacturing engineering software platforms to create manufacturing plans, investigate technical problems, participate in the implementation of manufacturing plans and participate in the implementation of lean principles and technologies.
- This position may also require to support mechanical design of a wide range of flight test installations including data system racks, data acquisition system equipment, cameras, sensors, access provisions, and wire routes thus working as a flexible resource supporting the BT&E India Design Build Team. Designs are typically documented using CATIA V5 / UG NX / CREO and maintained in a variety of Boeing and BT&E databases including ENOVIA / TEAM CENTER / WINDCHILL.
- The candidate would assist in the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies. Candidate shall create and implement manufacturing plans. Resolves technical problems and assists in the implementation of new engineering principles theories advanced technologies and concepts. Interfaces with suppliers and internal customers to develop products.
- Candidate shall coordinate with Program Engineering (Project, Design, Quality, etc.) and provide periodic updates on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents. Contribute to productivity improvement through the use of lean principles.
- The candidate shall provide periodic updates on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents. Contribute to productivity improvement through the use of Quality Management System and lean principles.
- This position supports initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement, etc.
- This position will be located at Boeing, Bangalore, India, and reports to the Manager – Design Build, Boeing Test & Evaluation India.
- Hands-on experience in ENOVIA/ CATIA, CREO, UG NX, or SolidWorks would be preferable
- Experience in manufacturing systems such as DELMIA PE and/or Product Data Manager (PDM)/CAPP
- Knowledge of NC Programming will be an added advantage
- Model-Based Definitions, Model Instructions, and VB scripting would be preferred
- Drafting: Proficiency in drafting standards (ANSI Y14.5M-2009), GD&T, design for manufacturability
- Design: Awareness of different materials used in the aerospace industry and related finishes & coating processes.
- Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint
- Language: Fluency in reading, writing & speaking in English
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in Mechanical / Aerospace / Aviation / Production Engineering from an accredited university with 1-5 years of experience in the aerospace domain.
- Knowledge of Engineering Fundamentals for the mechanical design of simple aerospace components with an awareness of aerospace materials, manufacturing processes, heat treatments, etc.
- Experience working with global experts in engineering & manufacturing in cross-culture performance and hands-on coordination experience working in a factory environment
- Propose solutions to routine technical problems of Manufacturing process planning
- Capable of working as per program needs and BT&E processes
- Analyze design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions
- Resolve technical problems with a significant impact on performance, cost, or schedule
- Be a self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision, have positive attitude, and highest ethics
- Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work
- Must be able to work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world
- Develop and maintain relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to deploy collaborative plans and execute projects
- Awareness of the AS9100 D quality management system
- Good analytical approach to problem-solving, driving innovations with speed and agility.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams within Boeing and external partners
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and the ability to work with team members across different cultures and time zones
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English and have a high degree of proficiency with the MS Office tool
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse, and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.