Position – Associate Component Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing’s values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company’s commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Boeing Company is hiring Associate Component Engineer to join the Boeing India Engineering Team for Electronic Products and will be based out of Bangalore. These positions will report to the Boeing India Engineering organization. Intro Paragraph.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Electronics Product Design Manager to implement new hardware designs and design upgrades to meet their organizational goals.
Our Parts Management and Component Engineering team takes pride in supporting PMP & CE activities of Electronics engineering for applications from the sea bed to outer space. We are seeking a dynamic, motivated individual with deep understanding of component Engineering in electronics design environments and ability to maintain the engineering data and library management from design to production changes.
- Collaborating with engineers and support design teams in the design and development of complex, detailed layouts of high power circuits, complex and detailed layouts of rigid and flexible printed boards using a host of Mentor tools. You would work with multiple design teams, geographically, to plan schedules, resolve costs, packaging, manufacturing and electrical design issues.
- Support product regulatory compliance new designs and its testing. Document and interpret specifications for new designs
- Develop libraries and maintain those using Mentor EDM interfaces. Enhance libraries to enable analysis.
- Will perform Obsolescence management , Reliability of parts
- Assist peers in resolution of critical design problems. Train new entrants for to augment team
- Maintain Technical co-ordination with Engineering designers, Test, EMC analysis engineers and manufacturing. Resolve PCB design issues with fabrication and manufacturing vendors. Passionately participate into the Library and engineering data management with a stress upon DFM improvements.
- Demonstrates Boeing behaviors in deliberate and observable way
EMPLOYER WILL NOT SPONSOR APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT VISA STATUS
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- 5 to 9 Years of experience as a dedicated Component Engineer
- Technical working knowledge of electronic components including semiconductors, passive components and electromechanical commodities and their applications.
- Experience in ECAD/PCB/EDA library development and understanding of ECAD/PCB Layout processes.
- Familiarity and/or experience with a parts request system and library management practices.
Works closely with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to create schematic symbols, PCB component footprints, and 3D component models to effectively further complete the PCB artwork
- Experience in publishing library parts and PCB the ECAD.
- Process CAD Library requests for new parts and analyze/modify existing library parts for improved readability of the schematic or manufacturability of the component footprint.
- Write scripts to automate routine tasks associated with ECAD applications, databases, and libraries.
- Knowledge of one or more tools from the Mentor Graphics suite (xDM, DMS, Expedition. DXdatabook, Design or other related ECAD/EDA software tools.
- Quality Assurance knowledge and practices for parts management plans.
- New Part Introduction for ECAD librarians. New PCB introduction and its assembly drawings
- Good Knowledge of Aerospace processes and its applications.
- Experience using or applying metrics to measure performance against projects to ensure high-quality delivery
- Knowledge of Product Life Cycle management and capability upon usage of tools like Teamcenter.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 to 9 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years related work experience etc.).
Relocation: This position does offer relocation within INDIA.