BD is hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer
Company – BD
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The Design Engineer will assist in the successful requirements generation, development, verification, and validation of high-volume single-use disposable medical products. The Design Engineer will learn and utilize BD’s stage gate framework (GPDS) Global Product Development System and use DFM/DFSS and relevant engineering tools to deliver a high-quality, cost-effective design and will partner with a cross-functional team to design-transfer successful designs for manufacturing.
A 4-year engineering degree in a relevant field is required (i.e., Systems, Mechanical/Industrial & Production/Bio-medical/Chemical/Materials Engineering/ Instrumentation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in end-to-end product development, the scope of product development ranging from user needs gathering to Design transfer to manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Systems Engineer/ equivalent role in a regulated industry like a medical device, aerospace, or department of defense.
- Contribute towards the development and maintenance of user needs and design input requirements.
- Key contributor in ensuring design output specifications, risk assessment documents, usability and V&V documentation, and other technical documentation meet design inputs.
- Participate in efforts to develop (and author) user needs and intended uses as well as other stakeholder need statements.
- Contribute to decomposing of (and author) needs statements into technical design input requirements.
- Conducts cross-functional technical meetings to vet design trade-offs and proposed solutions. Advocates conduct and participate in Technical Reviews.
- Develops and maintains System Architecture documentation, including interface diagram, functional diagram, etc.
- Execute Risk Management activities to ensure that design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Collaborate with a diverse technical team to create, update, and maintain documentation that is or will become part of the product design history file (DHF) for a Medication Delivery Solution (MDS) product.
- Work with subsystem teams, domain subject matter experts, and suppliers in the identification, logging, assessment, and resolution of integration and test issues.
- Provide technical leadership for product design, development, integration, testing, and reliability improvements.
- Respond rapidly and flexibly to emerging issues in production, quality, engineering, or supply chain.
- Create and review process, design, and fixture documentation including work guidelines, specifications, and CAD models/drawings.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of basic statistical techniques including familiarity with analysis of variance (ANOVA) and design of experiment (DOE) methodologies & ability to analyze, organize and present large amounts of data in a clear and concise manner.
- Multiple end-to-end new product development and sustenance engineering experience
- Disciplined and well-organized in documentation in a regulated environment.
- Ability to execute concurrently multiple projects and manage priorities.
- Strong Verbal & Written communication skills.
Desired / Additional Skills & Knowledge (Not essential to the job but will be an advantage to possess)
- Led/Participated/Designed in the voice of customer gathering, requirements management, and risk management activities as part of product development.
Any additional Information (Especially if needed for Quality or legal purposes)
- Not Applicable-
Primary Work LocationIND Bangalore – Technology Campus