Position – Principal Engineer
Company – BAXTER
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapiesare foundin almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Forover 85years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other.This iswhere you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Projects are focused on performance improvement of existing products, and, in the future, include the development of new functions and features to be integrated into the existing products. Project tasks involve requirements, specifications, concept and design development, design implementation, prototype and formal verification testing, transfer to manufacturing, quality assurance and purchasing initiatives, root cause analysis investigations, change orders, supply chain development, NCRs, and CAPAs.
- Job Title – Principal Eng, Mechanical
- Location – Whitefield, Bangalore
- Shift – General
The Successful Candidate:
- Possesses strong technical and design capabilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on saving and sustaining the lives of patients.
- Thrives in multidisciplinary projects that require mechanical design, computer aided design and drafting, plastics design/assembly, and electro-mechanical engineering.
- Applies a solid understanding of theories and practices to the development of engineering and design solutions.
- Plans, executes and functionally leads important engineering assignments which require independent judgment.
- Effectively applies engineering principles with focus on mechanical design, experimental and computational methods to resolve difficult problems from conception to production implementation.
- Mechanical discipline lead on assigned projects. Manages all mechanical project technical work, and effectively communicates with all project team members and stakeholders. This includes reporting pertinent information at key milestones.
- Defines the required mechanical tasks, test plans, deliverables, and technical direction. Constructs detailed, accurate project schedules interfacing with product development, quality and manufacturing teams.
- Manages and prioritizes multiple projects and tasks.
- Develops solutions and approaches to complex problems through application and adaptation of state-of-the-art techniques and sound analysis-based engineering including FEA and experimental tools and methods.
- Able to clearly present moderately complex concepts and tailor communication to audiences, including senior management.
- Organizes and presents technical project management overviews without assistance. Oral and written communication is well planned, organized and has a clear logical flow.
- Ensures successful integration of mechanical design elements into the overall system. Resolves competing constraints between interrelated functions (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, etc.) required to complete the engineering and design tasks.
- Creates and maintains design documentation that includes requirements and specifications, engineering reports, and clear, complete, and accurate detailed drawings for engineering and manufacturing purposes, including dimensioned layouts with special fits and tolerances. Performs in-depth analyses and calculations including structural, tolerance, load and fatigue life, thermal and heat transfer to ensure consistent performance. Defines protocols and conducts the necessary testing required to verify and validate the design(s).
- Leads troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts related to mechanical aspects of the products associated with field performance and manufacturing.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of SolidWorks 3D design software, and additionally good ProE/Creo familiarity preferred.
- Solid computer skills: email, documentation and collaboration tools: e.g. WebEx, Teams, Microsoft Office products, etc.
- Self-directed, resourceful, and able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and documentation skills.
- Expert in managing project work and providing technical leadership.
- Very adept at grasping and solving complex problems using root-cause analysis techniques.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical part manufacturing processes including injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, casting and machining.
- Strong knowledge of design processes including DFM and DFA.
- Expert knowledge of good engineering drawingpractices supported by a strong understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Very knowledgeable & experienced with analysis methods and tools like FEA.
- Hands on creating, developing and testing designs from prototypes through production implementation.
- Ability to objectively identify technical solutions, and make sound design and drafting decisions.
- Able to effectively transition products to manufacturing and ensure robust products and manufacturingprocesses.
- Ability to identify risks in design, programs & come up with mitigationplan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in new product development, and have at least participated in one project from concept to market introduction demonstrating experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferably medical devices and familiarity with ISO 13485, IEC 60601 and ISO 14971.
- Proficiency with MS Office and other office productivity tools.
- Clear and effective communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience with Solidworks.
- Demonstrated experience working on electromechanical systems and with external 3rd party contract manufacturers and component suppliers.
- A proven track record of effectiveness in a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/projectdeliverables.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.