Baker Hughes is Hiring | System Engineer |
Position – System Engineer – Gas Turbine Packages
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
System Engineer – Gas Turbine Packages
Do you enjoy creating innovative solutions?
Would you like to work on cutting-edge technology?
Join Our Innovative Engineering Team
Our Industrial and Energy Technology (IET) operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology and lifecycle services. Our Engineering Transformation teamwork to improve the quality of our Engineering processes.
Be part of a successful team
As a System Engineer – Gas Turbine Packages, you will execute, and lead requisition Engineering associated with the system design of gas turbine and centrifugal compressor auxiliaries. This would include the development of a Piping and Instrumentation diagram integrating with cross-functional disciplines. Also managing procurement coordination of system components, sub-systems participation in customer design reviews and HAZOP studies.
As a System Engineer – Gas Turbine Packages, you will be responsible for:
- Referencing project customer specifications/contractual documents in detail, understanding critical project requirements.
- Translating applicable requirements for system design of the gas turbine and centrifugal compressor accessories.
- Handling customer queries, and resolving comments during the evolution of system engineering.
- Identifying project criticalities, and risks and leading the design reviews, taking appropriate actions to ensure project success.
- Performing calculations/simulations for sizing of lube oil console components, pumps/motors/valves and other components of the lube oil console.
- Proposing and implementing innovative solutions during project execution to help the project achieve positive cost productivity.
- Carrying out calculations/simulations on Dry gas seal system, and selection of components to generate purchase specifications.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering (Mechanical/ Industrial/ Production/ Thermal/ Turbomachinery) with 0-6 total working experience in which substantial portion in Gas Turbine Systems.
- Be able to work cross-functionally, collaboratively, and cross-culturally
- Be able to explain complex technical topics and systems to customers, teams, and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrate effective communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence teams, customers, and stakeholders
- Be able to communicate in English
- Show a good aptitude in system-level thinking in the turbomachinery domain.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- The Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.