Spread the love
Position – Engineer- Configuration Management
Baker Hughes Incorporated
Exp. – 2 to 5 years
Location – Coimbatore
- Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Engineer Configuration Management to join the team in Coimbatore, India
In the role of Engineer Configuration Management, you will:
- Configuration Management is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process.
- All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user’s needs.
- The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, the performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs, and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed.
- The process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
- Establishes and maintains consistency of a product’s performance, functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design, operational information, and manages changes throughout the system life cycle.
- Provides visibility and control of the system performance, functional and physical attributes.
- Verifies that a system performs as intended and is identified and documented in enough detail to support its projected life cycle.
- Facilitates orderly management of system information and system changes for such beneficial purposes as to revise capability; improve performance, reliability, or maintainability; extend life; reduce cost; reduce risk and liability; or correct defects.
- Conceptual or theoretical activities related to the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Includes the design and analysis of pneumatic instrumentation systems for application in natural gas control valves for natural gas distribution pipelines..
- Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status, and research.
- Resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise based upon precedents.
- Conveys technical information both to clients and to colleagues out of other functions.
- Department has a supportive role in knowledge management gathering data and storing them in a system.
- Will participate in the writing of engineering-controlled specifications that define the product lines.
- Utilize knowledge of pneumatic instrumentation systems and design practices to design and develop control valve systems.
- Experience with pneumatic actuated control valves and pneumatic instrumentation and practices is applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Experience with pneumatic actuated control valves is essential
- 2D AutoCAD and 3D CAD design experience
- Requires detailed knowledge of control valve system design including an understanding of required material selection to meet order requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with natural gas pipelines and control valves is beneficial.
- Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE: BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services, and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Spread the love