Position – Application Engineer – Control Valves
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, IN
Application Engineer – Control Valves
Would you like to be part of our Turbomachinery Process Solutions Product Line?
Are you a new graduate engineer looking for a job opportunity with a good prospect?
Join our growing team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock our full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
As Application Engineer – Control Valves, you will own the project control activity globally and drive consistent functional specifications, and common global processes for project implementation. Activities that are conducted to better understand or ultimately meet the expectations of the customer to develop optimized technical and commercial proposals for Baker Hughes Valves.
As Application Engineer – Control Valves, you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical expertise and developing technical solutions as part of the pre-ITO (requisition) process while interfacing with the commercial team.
- Executing routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributing to technological developments in teams under supervision.
- Working together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under the guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information.
- Analyzing customer specifications and technical requirements to develop optimized valve solutions.
- Learning industry applications and appropriate valve solutions to address technical issues. Developing good technical domain expertise in valve solutions.
- Developing commercial proposals with appropriate price and cost details.
- Working as a member of a cross-functional team to gain expertise in application engineering, development engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, and commercial disciplines.
- Supporting interactions with customers to develop optimal technical solutions that meet customer needs, are economically viable, and are manufactured efficiently.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a BE/BTech OR ME/MTech in Mechanical/Electrical/ Electronics OR Instrumentation Engineering with 0-3 years of experience in the Valve Industry.
- Have the ability to work with multi-functional, decentralized teams
- Have Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Have interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Be able to work unconventionally and have good problem-solving skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- The safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner, and more efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.