Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Bahwan Engineering Group
Exp. – 6 to 11 years
Location – Oman
We are looking for Mechanical Engineer (Plumbing & Irrigation & Pumps) for Oman.
- Responsible for all Maintenance activities of Mechanical Systems for the whole RCA Sohar Palace and all associated Buildings & Locations.
- Reporting to Site Manager.
- Preparing Plant Preventive maintenance (PPM) Schedule as per Manufacturer’s recommendations of Plant, Machinery, and Equipment and as required.
- Carry out any Breakdowns immediately up to the satisfaction of the Engineer.
- Knowledge and Hands on experience on Operation, Maintenance and Repair of Plumbing System, Water Booster Pumps, Water Network System, Water Heaters.
- Knowledge of Whirl Pool (Jacuzzi Bath System, Steam Bath System, Steamers, Swimming Pools, Water Softeners, Water Treatment Chemicals, and Fountains.
- Knowledge and Hands-on experience in Operation, Maintenance, and Repair of Fire Fighting System, Fire Hydrant System, Fire Hose Reel System, Fire Extinguishers and Generators.
- Knowledge and Hands on experience on Operation, Maintenance, and Repair of the Irrigation system, bore wells, Pumping wells, Hands wells. Shall be aware of Irrigation Network System, Irrigation Sprinkler System, Irrigation Drip System with Automatic Operation.
- Knowledge of Network Drain System, Waste Water Lifting Stations.
- Responsible for ensuring that, Maintenance resources provide a productive, efficient and cost-effective execution of Maintenance schedules across the work area.
- Knowledge of Equipment Inventory Control.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant, Machinery and Equipment cleanliness.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the Maintenance Department.
- Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures
- Monitors operation of Plant Equipment and Systems.
- Reviews the operation of Plant, Machinery, equipment, and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of Plant, Machinery, and equipment.
- Prepares reports, analysis data, and makes recommendations for improving plant, Machinery, Equipment operation and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Supervises maintenance personnel.
- Ensure that maintenance Supervisors, Technicians, and Tradesmen are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that tie Maintenance Program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance Supervisors, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and / or reduce operating costs.
- Tracks analyze and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Directs, maintains and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance Supervisors, Technicians, and Tradesmen.
- Initiates, implements and manages the Maintenance Program based on best practices in the industry with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
Educational Qualifications / Experience
Degree in Mechanical Engineering (4 Years Course) with specific 6 to 8 years’ experience in the plumbing system and associated equipment.
About the Company
Founded in 1977, Bahwan Engineering Group (BEC) is the leader in the construction of multi-disciplinary projects, facilities management (operation and maintenance) and trading employing over 20,000 people. We represent various leading manufactures like Carrier, OTIS, Cummins, Marley, Armstrong, Chloride, etc. We have executed prestigious multi-million dollar projects like Hospitals, Petrochemicals, LNG Facilities, Power Plants, Residential and Commercial Complexes. For further information please log on to www.bahwanengineering.com