Position – Project Engineer – Mechanical Design
Company – ATLAS COPCO (I) Ltd
Exp. – 3 to 6 years
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
To design and develop new concepts with the objective of achieving design requirements of product. Within the limits of laid down process, guidelines and requirements for engineering design project at Global Engineering Centre of Atlas Copco India at Pune.
1. Project Design
- Understand the scope of work for New Product Development or custom design project.
- Taking lead in planning and estimating the work.
- Conduct feasibility study and design the manufacturing and engineering drawings as per requirements. Solving technical queries of subordinates and working as a Design Expert.
- Conducting design review of 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Coaching to junior employees.
- Design of Industrial Products includes
- Design of base frames and mounting frames
- Design of supports, brackets, flexible hoses.
- Design for manufacturing and assembly.
- Design considering accessibility for service and ease of assembly.
- Expert in 3D solid modelling and sheet metal module.
- Expert in with part drawings and assembly drawings.
- Expert in Bill of materials and engineering change requests, drawing revisions.
- Expert in detailing drawings.
2. Project Execution and review
- Review design and check for adherence to safety and quality standards as per defined international and Atlas Copco standards.
- Develop status report and monitor and control progress of project.
- Participate in daily and weekly project team meetings to present status report and clarify queries.
- To work on additional work assigned by senior team member as and when required.
- Filling timesheet daily and keeping record of checked drawings.
- Ability to keep record of all communication related to project according to std. procedure defined.
What you can expect from us
Atlas Copco is a home of industrial ideas. It is more than 146 Years old Organization. Atlas Copco GECIA is a Global Engineering Centre of Atlas Copco, based in Hinjawadi Pune. As a part of this organization, you will be exposed to international projects for Vacuum Related Systems.
You shall be working on latest technologies and part of New Product Introduction Teams
What we expect of you
- BE Mechanical or Equivalent from recognised university + min 5 year experience in design domain.
- Hands on experience on CREO (4.0) CAD software.
- Good knowledge and experience of any PLM/ ERP system
- Well conversant with Microsoft office and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in SAP (PLM) would be an added advantage.
- Self-discipline and well-mannered person. Following office timing and work ethics.
- Able to communicate clearly about difficulties and status of work in hand.
- Proactive in informing problems related to project before it occurs.
- Having sense of urgency and sense of responsibility.
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco we have been turning industrial ideas into business- critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind. “