Atlas Copco is Hiring | Design / Senior Design Engineer |
Position – Design / Senior Design Engineer – NPD – Oil Free Air 1
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more.
We´re everywhere! Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow.
Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning. Interested in being part of our team?
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Purpose / Mission
As Design/Senior Design Engineer – NPD – OFAyour mission is to deliver & participate in new product development projects with an engineering point of view while Improving Time to Market and driving the technical competence of GECIA teams with a solution-centric approach. You shall achieve this, by developing your competence and by reorienting your energy towards Product Innovation, technology platforms maintaining On-time Delivery & First Time Right Approach.
As a Design / Senior Design Engineer, you need to plan project execution with the objective of delivering projects within the estimated time and quality standards within the limits of GECIA’s structure, processes, and guidelines.
- Understand the project requirements and work content based on the inputs received.
- Ensure GECIA’s contribution to improving Time to Market.
- Communicate progress and deliverable updates to the stakeholders, raise red flags, and highlight any concerns to all stakeholders. Demonstrate GECIA’s contribution to NPD Projects.
- Monitor deliverables with adherence to SOPs, and resolve technical issues raised.
- Ensure proper coordination with other competencies involved in CAE, Electrical design, etc.
- Ensure that designs are reviewed by the design reviewer prior to releasing the same.
- Adhere to the Team spirit toward Driving Customer Success & Improving Business Results
- Instill a “CAN DO; WILL DO” attitude in yourself.
- Maintain a positive team morale with an open atmosphere of teamwork and co-operation.
- Nurture innovative ideas and focus on improvements in product performance, cost, life, reliability, and Sustainability.
- Promote the use of advanced manufacturing techniques while designing new products.
- Promote sharing best practices across all NPD teams.
- Create & Promote use of reusable components, product platforms, Subassemblies, and Modular Designs.
- Suggest different CAD automation projects to automate repeated processes & to improve the quality.
What you can expect from us?
- An excellent culture
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- A culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior, and integrity
- Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion
- Have multiple interactions with different stakeholders internally and externally
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact on interesting projects
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
What we expect of you?
Experience & Knowledge Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 2-5 years of Experience.
- Should have basic knowledge of Air Compressors and designing of compressor Packages.
- To ensure and prepare design of the parts as per the scope in the contract documents.
- Should understand key contributors to product Performance, product quality, Aesthetic value
- Should have basic understanding of Modularity approach
- To work on finalizing the output, design layout along with the design engineers on the project.
- Knowledge of Sheet metal, Piping design, Flange selection, heavy fabrication. Produce and check the 3D assembly and 2D drawings.
- Take the ownership of the projects till the delivery of project
- You will be responsible to follow Atlas Copco design codes, standards, work instructions & check lists of the tasks handled and carry out the checking. Ensure adherence to Quality Norms as set by the Team leader from time to time.
- Expertise in Product Development Process (Concept-to-Product).
- Knowledge of DFMEA, Design Review Processes is essential.
- Knowledge of DFM & DFA, Design for serviceability.
- Control the work done by external design agencies, onsite as well as off-site.
- Experience of working on CAD software like Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, ERP (BPCS) Autodesk Vault & PLM (enovia) system.
- Excellent communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Committed team player with a learning attitude
- Customer focus
- Capable of working under time pressure to respect deadlines
- Problem solving ability
- Systematic in planning and monitoring the progress of projects.
City – Pune
Last Day to Apply – 05/12/2022
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.