Atlas Copco (India) Ltd. is hiring | Design / Senior Design Engineer |
Position – Design / Senior Design Engineer – NPD – OFA – STDPlus 1
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Our solutions are a key part of most industries – electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure, and many more. Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations.
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Purpose / Mission
As a Design/ Senior Design EngineerNPD – OFA – STDPlus your mission is to deliver & participate in new product development projects with engineering point of view while Improving Time to Market and driving the technical competence of GECIA teams with a solution-centric approach. You shall achieve this, by developing your competence and by reorienting your energy towards Product Innovation, technology platforms maintaining On-time Delivery & First Time Right Approach.
As Design / Senior Design Engineer NPD – OFA – STDPlusyou need to plan project execution with the objective of delivering projects within the estimated time and quality standards within the limits of GECIA’s structure, processes, and guidelines.
- Understand the project requirements and work content based on the inputs received.
- Ensure GECIA’s contribution to improving Time to Market.
- Communicate progress and deliverable updates to the stakeholders, raise red flags, and highlight any concerns to all stakeholders. Demonstrate GECIA’s contribution to NPD Projects.
- Monitor deliverables with adherence to SOPs, and resolve technical issues raised.
- Ensure proper coordination with other competencies involved CAE, Electrical design, etc.
- Ensure that designs are reviewed by the design reviewer prior to releasing the same.
- Adhere to the Team spirit toward Driving Customer Success & Improving Business Results
- Instill a “CAN DO; WILL DO” attitude in yourself.
- Maintain positive team morale with an open atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Nurture innovative ideas and focus on improvements in product performance, cost, life, reliability, and Sustainability.
- Promote the use of advanced manufacturing techniques while designing new products.
- Promote sharing best practices across all NPD teams.
- Create & Promote the use of reusable components, product platforms, Subassemblies, and Modular Designs.
- Suggest different CAD automation projects to automate repeated processes & to improve the quality.
What you can expect from us
- An excellent culture
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- Culture is known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior, and integrity
- Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, and Realize your Passion
- Have multiple interactions with different stakeholders internally and externally
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact on interesting projects
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
What do we expect of you?
Experience & Knowledge Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 2-7 years of Experience.
- Should have basic knowledge of Air Compressors and designing compressor Packages.
- Ensure and prepare the design of the parts as per the scope in the contract documents.
- Should understand key contributors to product Performance, product quality, and Aesthetic value
- Should have a basic understanding of the Modularity approach
- To work on finalizing the output, and design layout along with the design engineers on the project.
- Knowledge of Sheet metal, Piping design, Flange selection, and heavy fabrication. Produce and check the 3D assembly and 2D drawings.
- Take ownership of the projects till the delivery of the project
- You will be responsible to follow Atlas Copco design codes, standards, work instructions & checklists of the tasks handled and carry out the checking. Ensure adherence to Quality Norms as set by the Team leader from time to time.
- Expertise in Product Development Process (Concept-to-Product).
- Knowledge of DFMEA, Design Review Processes is essential.
- Knowledge of DFM & DFA, Design for serviceability.
- Control the work done by external design agencies, onsite as well as off-site.
- Experience working on CAD software like Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, ERP (BPCS) Autodesk Vault & PLM (Enovia) systems.
- Excellent communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Committed team player with a learning attitude
- Customer focus
- Capable of working under time pressure to respect deadlines
- Problem-solving ability
- Systematic in planning and monitoring the progress of projects.
City – Pune
Last Day to Apply – 24/03/2023
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.