Position – Manufacturing Manager – Flow Team HPT & HHH
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Chakan, Pune, Maharashtra
- Support and promote PNE’s Mission of being recognized as a Reference Product Company.
- Act and inspire others to act according to PNE’s vision of becoming a Home of Industrial ideas with passionate employees.
- Strengthen Atlas Copco’s position as the undisputed market leader for all products produced in India closely cooperating with Customer Centres.
- As a member of the Management team, actively participate in the continuous development and execution of the PNE Strategy Deployment
- Promote and ensure the Group’s Core Values Interaction, Commitment, and Innovation, guidelines and policies laid down in The Way We Do Things
- To become & remain First in Mind – First In Choice for our customers, you are expected to provide a World Class Customer Experience by providing Best-in-Class Products and Service, That are Safe, of the Highest Quality, Delivered on time at the right cost.
- Support the Group’s ambition to be the “Home of Industrial Ideas”
- Develop and support a spirit of transparency, open communication, fairness, non-discrimination, and respect for the individuals in all areas of operation
- We all need to take a proactive role in creating a sustainable organization where processes are not dependent on individuals.
- Continuously look into ways to support Environmental Sustainability initiatives in our operations.
- Develop, assign and follow up specific actions in order to achieve the results as per the objectives defined with the General Manager of the Company and through the divisional BRM and CRM
- An important part of your mission is to build, inspire and coach a strong team with a special focus on the retention and development of talents and good performers with the potential to grow within the organization
- Continuously work towards more efficient, leaner, transparent, digital, and operationally reliable processes which are not dependant on individuals
- Prepare department-specific Strategy Deployment documentation, plan of execution, as well as written Missions to all leading positions
- Embrace and develop our Modularity & LEAN Principles across the organization. A special emphasis should be placed on Kaizen & Visual management to ensure sustainability & transparency in our process. Putting in place the necessary department standards and documentation are key requirements to ensure a successful Continuous Improvement Process.
- In this rapidly evolving world, Agility will be key to our success. Modularity will play a vital role in being able to nimbly adapt to rapidly changing market conditions. Modularity will have a profound impact on the way that we develop & produce products as well as on the organizational structure/culture. You will need to learn how modularity works, what its benefits are, and how it will impact the organization. You are then expected to implement the necessary changes in the organization to support the transformation toward a modular organization.
- Actively plan and implement digitalization activities to support the company’s Industry 4.0 journey for improved customer experience and increased efficiencies
- Interact with other PNE departments as well as other Group units in a constructive, productive and unselfish way that supports the development of synergies, efficiencies, and the consolidated result of the Group. Foster a spirit of High Performing Teams
- Safeguard integrity and transparency of operations and of the legal structure by making sure that FAM and Business Code of Practice is understood and applied where relevant
- Take a leading role in creating a diverse working environment especially looking into ways we can increase the percentage of women in the organization.
Specific to Function:
- Your mission is to develop in a sustainable way the Manufacturing department in all its dimensions to match the target of operational efficiency, cost efficiency, and innovation of the company.
- Lead and drive the Flow team of HPT/HHH in coordination with production line leaders, Methods, Quality, and SCM planning team so as to deliver the products to meet the customer requirement of quality and on time in the most efficient way possible.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement to eliminate waste and implement world-class manufacturing practices, in concurrence with Atlas Copco Lean principles and support to achieve the highest customer satisfaction, product quality, and profitability.
- People management and competence development through employee evaluation, training needs identification through skill matrix, and coordination with HR for imparting the required training to improve the overall flexibility and skill of operators.
- Kaizen and workplace improvement: Motivate and engage the operating team to identify kaizen, safety risk, effective usage of Kaizen, and TIA Safety application.
- Drive and support efficiency improvement, reduction in scrap, customer rejection analysis, and WIP reduction.
- Compliance of relevant IMS/Legal/company safety and quality standards, participate and support the internal/external product, process, and safety audits.
- Actively engage in digitalization, automation, and Industry 4.0 initiative
- Agility – create plans to adapt high and low demand fluctuations and meet the safety, quality, and cost requirements in the most efficient way.
- Develop a strong shop floor leadership focused on BBS, BBQ, and continuous improvements, always “walking the talk”.
- Manage in an efficient way the maintenance of production equipment and assets
- Self-motivated, highly organized, capable of working independently
- Excellent result-oriented leadership, strong but flexible personality, ability to create and maintain good communication at all levels
- Ambitious, open-minded, and transparent way of working so as to foster team spirit, knowledge sharing, and individual engagement.
- You will have a key role in the Product Company to coordinate with cross-function colleagues and you will therefore characterize yourself as a real team-player
- Able to prioritize and adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment, having Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and integrity when dealing with confidential information.
- 10 to 12 years’ experience in Production – Assembly environment out of which 3 to 5 years in a leadership position
- Process Engineering experience is plus
- You are expected to have a proven leadership skill
- Experience in SAP /ERP system.
- Knowledge of Modern Manufacturing tools like Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen, TPM or similar improvement methodologies and business excellence is necessary.
- Exposure to working in MNC with matrix reporting.
- You should have a technical degree from a recognized University, in (Mechanical/Electrical/Production/Industrial) Engineering or another relevant discipline
- Post-Graduation in business management/Engineering is preferred.
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us, you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.