Position – Design Engineer – Mechanical Design – PTBA (Europe)
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job description/MissionThe main responsibility of the Design Engineer in Mechanical Design Competence in PTBA-MD-Europe Team is to manage the Design and Development projects independently in order to ensure the timely delivery of the high quality designs and drawings in the field of Compressors manufactured at different divisions of Atlas Copco around the world.
In the job of Design Engineer, you will be working at the Global Engineering Centre of Atlas Copco in the Mechanical Design Team.
You will be responsible:
- To manage the Design and Development projects assigned to you completely and independently
- To work on finalizing and checking the output drawings / layout.
- To ensure and prepare design of the parts as per the scope of the project.
- Produce and check the 3D assembly and 2D drawings.
- To take the ownership of the projects till the delivery for the assigned Product company.
- Conduct quality reviews of self and team’s output to achieve adherence to defined quality standards
You will handle Projects for design and development, interact with Senior Project Engineers and Project leaders and customers, and present & discuss the proposed designs, carry out design reviews.
To understand the build-up of the assemblies, you will have continuous interaction with different Engineering Departments of Atlas Copco group companies and will have the communication with the customers at Product company locations.
You will estimate the assigned jobs, work on different CAD packages and deliver high quality job in specified time frame. You will be responsible to follow design codes, work instructions & check lists on the tasks handled and carry out the cad checking. It will be your challenge to further develop & expand the scope of activities while working as a good team member.
What you can expect from us?
Atlas Copco is a home of industrial ideas. It is more than 146 Years old Organization. Atlas Copco GECIA is a Global Engineering Centre of Atlas Copco, based in Hinjawadi Pune. As a part of this organization, you will be exposed to international projects for Vacuum & Related Systems.
You shall be working on latest technologies and part of New Product Introduction Teams
What we expect of you?
BE / B Tech in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the compressor industry or similar products.
- Knowledge of Design Application skills, proven experience in mechanical design & drafting.
- Design of packaging for compressor would be an added advantage.
- Design of oil free portable compressor would be an added an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Sheetmetal, Piping design, heavy fabrication is mandatory
- Knowledge of Cad software’s CREO, Inventor and PLM Windchill.
- Knowledge of Portable Air compressors
- Knowledge of Generators and Pumps would be an asset
- Dynamic & flexible
- Customer centric attitude
- Self-driven – able to work independently
- Strong technical acumen and application knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication
- You are very much result oriented and like to get things done with minimal supervision.
City – Pune
Expiry Date: 15/03/2021
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.