Atkins is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Assistant Process Design Engineer
Company – Atkins
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We’re proud to say it’s thanks to our people’s diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you’ll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone’s voice is valued and treated equally.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
We are looking for Assistant Process Design Engineer to join our team. This role will be based at our Atkins office in Bangalore, Gurgaon and Mumbai, IN. Our Nuclear division is a leading consultancy providing multi-disciplinary engineering support services to all project stages, from concept through to completion, to owners, operators, regulators and suppliers to nuclear licensed sites. We’re involved across the whole life cycle of the civil nuclear industry, building the next generation of civil nuclear power stations and the first large scale prototype fusion reactor, meeting the challenge of keeping the current nuclear fleet operational and tackling complex decommissioning projects.
We are particularly interested in individuals with reasonable consultancy/contracting experience in process system design, waste management, plant commissioning, decommissioning and process safety. Previous power, oil and gas or nuclear experience is desirable, but not essential, particularly with suitable demonstration of experience in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas, Pharmaceutical).
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Design and development of process systems ranging from concept through preliminary to detailed design.
- Preparation of conceptual and detail design packages, including optioneering, design development, and concept evaluation.
- Design analysis (applying first principles, if required) and design review of process systems.
- Mass, energy and activity balances, process and hydraulic calculations.
- Production of process deliverables such as PFDs, UFDs, P&IDs, basis of design, process descriptions, equipment specifications, plant/item schedules, etc.
- Safety and fault analysis including SWIFT, HAZOP, HAZID studies, FMEA, FTA etc.
- Process optimisation, optioneering and design substantiation.
- Process simulation and design using software.
- Operational design support, failure investigations and condition assessment.
- Development of process control schemes, philosophies and devising equipment operational logics.
- Thermal and hydraulic design and analysis.
- Process hazard analysis/probabilistic safety assessment/reliability engineering.
- Equipment sizing, selection (including material selection) and procurement.
- Production of manufacturing packages, coordination with manufacturer/contractor, review of vendor drawings/documents.
- Production of deliverables such as design definition and substantiation documents, equipment data sheet and specifications, system performance test specifications.
- Liaising with all stakeholders and responsible for all technical issues related to their area of specialization.
- Co-ordination with other discipline specialists where areas interface or overlap exist.
- Witness pre-commissioning/commissioning activities by the contractor/vendor and produce/review all relevant documentation.
- Preparation of equipment specifications, plant schedules, technical risk assessments, and commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations.
What will you contribute?
- Suitable degree in Chemical/Mechanical or relevant engineering.
- Experience in Nuclear, Power, Oil & Gas or other highly regulated industrial environment preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge of design projects, and relevant knowledge of site operations of process plant is desirable.
- Conversant with international design codes and standards.
- Experience on slurry, resin and sludge pumping, nuclear waste handling and encapsulation/immobilisation would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of mechanical design, piping layout, pipe support design would be an added advantage.
- Experience on design and analysis software packages preferred.
- Strong delivery culture, ability to multi-task, resource management, delegate tasks, develop and deliver cost/time-effective solutions.
- Ability to carry out detailed design, analysis and review others work.
- Experience of providing strong technical advice and guidance on process design to the client.
- Proven computer aptitude, and expertise in MS office; Proficiency in software tools like ASPEN HYSIS, HTRI is desirable.
- Understanding of other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team, flexible attitude to the type of work and the level of responsibility accepted.
- Experience supporting commissioning phases.
- Experience or exposure to project management principles desirable.
- Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
- Proven strong problem solving, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed and concise technical reports (e.g. design substantiations, basis of analysis, safety case support references).
- Flexible to relocate to Bangalore; flexible in travelling to Atkins’ and client’s office locations around the world, if required.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Why work for Atkins?
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the globe for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.