Position – Assistant Mechanical Engineer (with Revit Skills)
Company – Atkins
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We’re proud to say it’s thanks to our people’s diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you’ll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone’s voice is valued and treated equally.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
We are looking for Assistant Mechanical Engineer to join our team. This role will be based at our Atkins office in Bangalore, IN.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Undertake Electrical design to local and International standards, including ME, UK region.
- Understand and apply British / European, ME and Atkins standards.
- Undertake design of a variety of Mechanical design elements i.e. Air conditioning, ventilation, tunnel ventilation, plumbing and firefighting designs.
- Carry out Mechanical calculations using Hevacomp, HAP, IES and other equivalent software.
- Carry out Revit Modelling tasks based on the developed designs.
- Responsible for completion of projects within his/her team to time and cost.
- Assist the Team leader/Senior Engineer in presenting design solutions in meeting with clients and contractors.
- Undertake rail/metro station, trackside, Depots and other railway infrastructure mechanical designs.
- Coordinate with all other disciplines and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Architecture, Civil and Structural.
- There are exciting opportunities for the selected staffs to work in Canada with the Canadian counterparts for the agreed duration. Working experience in Canada and knowledge of French language would be advantageous, but not essential.
What will you contribute?
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent; Previous mechanical engineering or design role within consultancy.
- Relevant and appropriate experience of 4 to 8 years as a mechanical engineer within building services.
- Experience of working in Multi-D environment and good understanding of co-ordination and interfaces with other disciplines.
- Experience of infrastructure projects with recent rail experience is preferred.
- Be a competent user of IT tools in particular Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience of computer-based design tools such as Hevacomp, HAP and IES etc would be preferred.
- Wider knowledge of other disciplines is desirable.
- Able to deliver work and integrate with larger project teams.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential.
- Proactive and member of ASHARE or IMechE or CIBSE and working towards PEng / CEng / IEng status would be preferred.
- Relevant and appropriate experience as a designer within building services.
- You will be able to design to CIBSE and ASHARE standards.
- You will have experience in Revit and delivered projects using BIM skills.
- Demonstrates the necessary level of competence and responsibility according to the grade.
- Maintains harmony and a productive atmosphere by being open about the work activities and project status.
- Good command of the English Language and an effective communicator both written and verbal.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Why work for Atkins?
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the globe for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.