Position – Engineer-Design & Development
Company – ASSA ABLOY
Location – Jamnagar, Gujarat, IN
Job Title: Engineer- Product Design & Development
Division/Company/Entity: Shree Mahavir Metalcraft
Reports to: Innovation Manager & Head design
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Number of reports: 0
Job Titles of reports:
Region of reports: Pune
This position will be responsible for new product Design & Validaation, will design and develop product with innovative ideas and theme base designs. Closely work with manufacturing teams to design and develop new products in line with customer requirement and market trends. Closely work with key stakeholders, manufacturing and customers on technical support for their activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver engineering design solutions to meet customer requirements and design specifications on both new and existing products.
- Develop new products from concept designs to production releases, which will include working closely with suppliers. Designs will include a variety of manufacturing methods (sheet metalwork, machining and die-casting).
- Generate CAD models, engineering drawings and BOMs using Solid works
- Manage & life-cycle CAD data and documentation using Solid works
- Manage tasks and time to fit in with overall project plans
- Actively demonstrate VAVE and continuous improvement of new & existing products.
- Have a hands-on approach to producing and evaluating prototypes to test out new ideas.
- Ensure that products are designed to comply with specified standards and safety requirements.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Familiar with the 3D Modeling software of Solid Works or equivalent
- Good knowledge in Manufacturing processes for Sheet metal, Die casting, Machining, Extrusion etc
- Good knowledge in Design validation tools like Tolerance stack up, Prototyping, testing & exposure to simulation tools like Ansys
- Knowledge of Materials like of CRCA, ZINC, BRASS, SS Aluminum, etc.
- Good drawing skills & application of GD&T
- Good relationship-building, verbal, and written communication skills
- An excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal
- Critical thinking & problem-solving skills
Education Qualification & Experience Required:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering with 2 to 5 Years of relevant work experience as a product designer
Note: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job. Employee may be expected to perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
When you join Yale, we open doors for you
We’re trusted by millions of people every day to keep what’s important to them safe. Their home, family, and belongings. Looking after our people is just as important to us.
When you join our Yale team, you’ll also be part of the ASSA ABLOY Group, the global leader in access solutions. You’ll have 52,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries. We empower our people to build their careers around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.