Position – Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical)
Company – Applied Materials
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Transistor and Interconnect Group focuses on the growth of the company in the areas of ion implantation, Front End (FEP), chemical mechanical planarization (CMP), plating packaging and cleans (PPC) and metal deposition (MDP). At Global Engineering services, we add value by supporting the manufacturing and commercialization of our flagship products.
Across W.W.Ops there are various lateral functions which support NPI and volume manufacturing (eg: NPME, ME, PSM, OMS Illustration etc), upon graduation as an EC Engineer one could choose his career path as and when opportunity is posted.
Roles and Responsibility
The EC Engineer is responsible to create and process the Engineer change request. Project manager of the change and leader of the concurrent design team for developing the solution and supporting documentation in a cost-efficient manner that meets the needs of all affected areas. The Opex EC Engineer is responsible for New Product releases (Concept & Eval) and address SPSs associated with New Product releases. ALE EC Engineer supports Volume Manufacturing request.
- Prioritizes Review of ECOs and expedites release of ECO, in the implementation cycle.
- Review ECO’s for content completeness, Structure of Bill of Material , customer impact (internal and external), organizational impact, and functional product impact
- Determines effect of ECOs on products and processes; adequately ascertains who needs to be included in the evaluation, disposition, assignment, definition, approval and implementation of the ECO; routes ECOs.
- Coordinates with other impacted EC analysts; verifies that appropriate CIB (Change Implementation Board) members are included on the ECO based on Product Family, Product Line, Change Category, planner/buyer and product option tree, as applicable.
- Communicates issues logged with EC Analysts or EC engineers to ensure for correctness of the ECO
- Analyzes part structure to determine the scope / impact of product changes; conducts where-used searches.
- Regularly participates in CCB meetings.
- Participates in projects; may lead a ECO CIB project. Reviewing ECOs and recommending material related changes through the Change Control Board, identifying ECO impacted kits and assemblies and updating ECO notification summary comments to reflect current status.
- Has interacted with the supplier and resolved manufacturing issues arising from the floor.
- Trains / coaches ECO participants in their functional areas; advises ECO participants on possible solutions for ECO related problems, issues or situations; routinely mediates conflicts between ECO participants. Evaluates ECO process for continuous improvement opportunities; assists in KPI development, and document the process.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manufacturing, floor experience
- Has an Understanding of how the lateral functions operate, Planning, Materials operate and how inventory is controlled
- Demonstrated ability to write and track ECOs.
- Interacted with supplier.
- Working Knowledge on different Engineering change management software packages for eg: ERP, Oracle, SAP etc and Modeling packages – UG, Pro-E, Solidworks.
Knowledge on PLM software like, TCE (Team Center Engineering) Vis, Wind chill, Creo
- Demonstrated computer skills to include MS Office, Lotus Notes, Visio and/or other software / systems necessary for the performance of the job
- Has hands on experience on creating and monitoring KPI metrics and provide recommendations for improvisation.
Bachelor’s Degree + Min 3 yrs of experience
Project management skills:
- Ability to work with Cross-Functional Teams.
- Time management skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience: – 2 – 4 Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.