Position – Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical Assembly Technician)
Company – Applied Materials
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for managing the build of the designed products and features.
- Develops a Build strategy considering facility requirements & overall mfg readiness in collaboration with all the required Stakeholders. Overall build ownership.
- Working level knowledge of NX, TCE & SAP.
- Reduces the total build hours (SOE) by bringing the ideas from high-volume manufacturing.
- Reports, tracks & close non-conformances observed during the build. Drive the long-term corrective actions (LTCA) for all the observed non-conformances.
- Manages the material movement within the shop floor from the warehouse as per identified build strategy.
- Observes all Safety & Workmanship standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training and follows safety and security policies, procedures, and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to the supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Applies skills to wire, assemble, test, troubleshoot, and calibrate equipment and sub-assemblies. Makes own set-ups, alignments, and adjustments, maintaining tolerance according to instructions. Disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles and tests units as required. Follows basic work orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, sketches, assembly shop and production operations sheets, parts and wire lists, written and/or verbal instructions to construct electro-mechanical, vacuum and/or pneumatic assemblies, subassemblies, and components.
- Performs a variety of routine electro-mechanical assembly operations, troubleshooting, and repair. Adjusts, aligns, and/or performs “go-no go” tests using test fixtures or non-diagnostic electronic testing devices. Identifies and corrects errors. Retests.
- Details finished work. Receives parts and performs audits to ensure all necessary parts are available to perform built, test and repair. Inspects parts for defects. Troubleshoots and improves processes.
- Involves in customer preparation; manages Shipkits/Ship-along & packaging/shipment of the tool to customer.
11.May perform final assembly installations at customer site.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or bachelor’s in mechanical or relevant discipline
- Exp. 3-5 Years in the Automotive industry
- Travel: 50%
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience: – 2 – 4 Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.