Position – Robotics Engineer
Company – Applied Materials Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The Robotics Automation Engineer function typically: is design engineering authority (DEA) for sub-modules of complex automation systems. S/he determines hardware and software specifications, performs detailed design, and defines working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Specifies, coordinates, and resolves interface issues between these various automation modules and subsystems such as material handling robotics, loadlocks, process chambers, etc.
- Support automation system engineering projects that have a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, and software design, and understand the underlying system implications.
- Complete detailed designs of components such as material handling robots and mechanisms, substrate transfer and storage modules, as well as electrical subsystems required to operate and control them including motion controllers.
- Conduct detailed engineering analysis of robotic subsystems using knowledge of kinematics, dynamics, mechanism design, and synthesis.
- Build and qualify prototypes of new designs, or procure entire subsystems from outsourced suppliers and test for compliance with detailed specifications Perform and coordinate tests as per internal as well as industry-accepted reliability specifications. Make a suitable design or operational changes as required. Identify and troubleshoot a wide range of complex engineering problems including operability, serviceability, and manufacturability.
- Support System Integration of automation modules during the assembly and final testing of new product designs.
- Provide remote support to field support personnel as required.
- Contribute to the Product Development Process.
Our Ideal Candidate
Skills and abilities to perform job include strong analytical skills; strong oral and written communication skills including specification development; strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills; very computer literate; detail orientated; exercises mature judgment; ability to work in a team; ability to work independently; ability to influence other people; ability to act as a mentor; and ability to determine production worthiness for projects.
- BE Mechanical or B Tech Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- GD&T Knowledge
- Tolerance stack-up know-how
- CAD pkg hands-on experience
Additional Qualifications / Job specific knowledge:
- Wide application of engineering principles, theories, and concepts in the field plus a working knowledge of related disciplines.
- Knowledge necessary to perform the job includes knowledge of robotics and automation modules such as kinematics, dynamics, mechanism design, and motion control, hardware design, and prototyping.
- Detailed knowledge of industry practices related to producing and interpreting part drawings and specifications that are required for the production of these components by outside suppliers such as machine shops and contract manufacturers.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering design, troubleshooting to component level including proficiency in solving engineering problems using analytical techniques
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering analysis and design, mechanics, and material science concepts and techniques, including proficiency in solving engineering problems using analytical techniques and engineering knowledge such as thermodynamics, measurement control, heat transfer, stress analysis,
- Finite Element Analysis, or system integration; general knowledge of software engineering concepts and techniques; working knowledge of CAD tools; and basic knowledge of appropriate materials, components, and technologies used in the semiconductor equipment industry.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.