- Position – Application Engineer II ( Mechanical )
- Company – ANSYS Software Pvt. Ltd.
- Experience – 3-5 years
- Location – Chennai, Bengaluru
ANSYS is looking for Application Engineer II to help grow its Mechanical customer base in India.
The Engineer is responsible for leveraging advanced-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support our customers using ANSYS Mechanical family of products (including Global and Domestic customers across industries) with a significant impact on software revenue, as well as for helping customers to solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products.
The engineer shall be proactively engaging with the group of targeted customers to understand their simulation-driven product development goals and workflow of their relevant applications and provide them with customized support and service to support a significant impact on software revenue. This role shall provide technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process along with training and post-sales support to customers.
*Lead/Assist in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity such as customer meetings and product presentations, demonstrations and evaluations.
*Work independently to analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the customer’s current infrastructure, operations, and engineering workflows.
*Create and demonstrate simulation solutions to streamline customer workflows, in support of the software sales process; the sales cycle/process will be broad and complex in nature.
*Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, presales/sales enablement, and professional growth; actively participate in the development and mentoring of team members.
*Participate and present ANSYS simulation solution suites for different Structural applications and publish papers in Technical events.
*Responsible for articulating ANSYS value proposition which may encompass its entire suite of products; the presentations must affirm the sales message, differentiate ANSYS, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives.
*Instruct intermediate and/or advanced training classes on the usage of ANSYS products like ANSYS Mechanical Workbench and APDL to improve customers’ productivity and satisfaction with ANSYS simulation products.
*Actively contribute towards the development and mentoring of team members
- Bachelors degree in mechanical, aerospace engineering or another technical discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering software environment
- Should have solid technical depth and breadth in the strength of Material, Finite element analysis concepts
- Demonstrated use of relevant ANSYS software or knowledge of other commercial CAE software packages (like Abaqus, Nastran, etc) in solving industry problems like nonlinearity, composites, and rotor dynamics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
A minimum of 4 years of experience in an engineering software environment is a plus
Experience on the use of ANSYS tools like ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS APDL are preferred
Experience with any pre-processing software like ANSYS Meshing, Hypermesh, Ansa will be preferred
Knowledge of scripting languages like VBScript, Python is a plus.
Ability to travel up to 50%
Experience in automation using python or other languages will be plus.
Perks and Benefits
Comparable to best in the Industry
About the Company
If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge, or put on wearable technology, chances are you have used a product where ANSYS software played a critical role in its creation. ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation. We help the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, we help them solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Join our nearly 3000 professionals in more than 75 strategic locations around the world in making a difference in the world of engineering simulation and product development. Visit www.ansys.com for more information.