Spread the love
Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – Data Centers
- Work with internal teams to understand user requirements.
- Datacenter electrical designs and collaboration with other disciplines to create a construction document set.
- Participate in site selection reviews.
- Critical Data Center equipment design including Air Handling Units, Computer Room Air Handling Units, Cooling towers, Chillers, Sequence of Operations, Control Systems, Fire Detection/Suppression systems
- Design and collaborate with other disciplines to create a construction document set.
- Creation of designs that meet or exceed our quality requirements and fall within our budgetary requirements.
- Work with regional vendors and manufacturers to specify the appropriate electrical equipment.
- Work with local utilities to understand and define site utility requirements.
- Knowledge of local building codes and regulations including Life Safety.
- Review and approval of equipment submittals.
- Define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during construction phases.
- Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate the installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects.
- Travel to sites for site review and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations, electrical systems audits, and startup as needed.
- Be a leader within the global group as well as within internal and external teams that support Amazon’s data centers.
- Having fun and offering creative, out of the box solutions.
- Minimum 5 years of mission-critical design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or relevant discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management.
- In-depth understanding of critical data center mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experience reading and interpreting design, equipment and construction specifications and drawings.
- Possess leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Be a motivated, highly dependable individual.
- Ability to research new designs, technologies, and construction methods of data center equipment and facilities.
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
- Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, maintain high-quality standards.
- The ability to perform complex business case analysis to justify technical decisions and present the justification to management in a high-level review.
- Must be fluent (read/write/speak) in English. Any other language is an advantage.
Spread the love