Position – Thermal Engineer
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Engineer –Thermal engineer within TD function
Purpose of the Job
To have competencies/skills in AT-BGL team to support electrical components thermal analysis simulations for various ALSTOM projects.
Reporting to Aero-X Lead – General Studies.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Is accountable for the internal Flow and Thermal analysis of electrical cabinets in compliance with various performance requirements.
- Should be familiar with the tools like Flow Therm, Flow EFD, Ice pack, etc.
- Good understanding of Fluid Dynamics and Heat transfer principles
- Good knowledge on pumps, fans, and heat exchangers
- Sizing cooling systems integrated into the rail traction system: theoretical calculations and simulations.
- Specify the thermal cooling components of the rail traction chain, according to the applicable standards: Fans, pumps, exchangers, expansion vessels, sensors, water plates, air panels, heat pipes, and an active cooling system.
- Define the models and calculation tools and ensure their validation by the mean of the required tests (for R&D and projects).
- Manage thermal validation of the related components in close relationship with the Component and system validation teams.
- Pre-processing skills including geometry clean-up and meshing techniques
- Thermal/Flow analysis results report interpretation and preparation
- Deploys standard CFD methodologies to various projects and contributes to Train Design development procedures.
- Monitors, controls, and consolidates his work package. As such:
- Organizes his or her work package reviews for the project he/she is in charge,
- Reports his targets to Train Design Engineer/Metier manager
- Good understanding of vehicle architecture and systems and their applications
- Supports Train Design engineers in meeting the required performance targets.
- Familiarity in understanding various ventilation systems and their operation.
B. Tech / M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 to 6 Years of Experience with experience in Thermal/Fluids/CFD.
- Good Knowledge in application of CFD simulations tools for Flow and heat transfer analysis of electrical components.
- Exposure to electronic components thermal management will be preferred.
- Strong Fundamentals in Fluid Dynamics and heat transfer will be preferred.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: HVAC, Operations