Position – Application Design Engineer
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Organization reporting: Group leader of the application Design team.
Network and Links: Application design leader.
Communication and Interface: System leader, Application design leader, Database validator.
Overall Purpose of the Job: To Deliver an on-time System design baseline with desired scope and quality.
What are my Responsibilities?
- To work on Application design deliverables (naming rules, configuration rules, data table).
- Participate in internal KOM with System and design team.
- Read and analyze the CBTC platform document to align the design with a solution.
- Understand and analyze customer inputs (GAD, Train parameters, etc.).
- Review and implement Change requests in system data.
- Analyze verification reports, validation CRs, and Track surveys.
- To follow the Alstom engineering process with zero deviation.
– B.E. /B.Tech in Electrical, Electronics, Communication, or Instrumentation/ Mechanical along with the following experience/skills –
- Understands railway signaling scheme plan layout.
- Understands railway signaling principles.
- Experienced in database or layout design tools.
Behavioral Competence: Agile, Inclusive and responsible, quick learning, Excellent communication skills (English Read-write).
Technical Competence and Experience :
- Signaling Design, CBTC knowledge, MS Office,
- 2-5 years of experience.
Language Skills: Excellent English (Read- Write), Specification writing.
IT Skills: Operating system of Windows, MS Office, CAD (read/write),
Travel: Mostly None.or very rare.
An agile, inclusive, and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential while valuing and respecting them as individuals.