Position – TENDER LEADER
Alstom Transport India Ltd.
Exp. – 5 to 6 Years
- To leads and manage the Tender from appointment up to Tender Transfer Meeting
- To win the Contract including clear strategy definition, tender preparation, approval process and successful negotiation
- Organizational Reporting
- Hierarchical & Operational: Head of Tendering, India
Key Network & Links
Customer, Commercial Director, Marketing & Business Development Director, Customer Director, Platform, Bid Manager, Support functions (Finance, Legal, Tax, Insurance, Tender Support & Control, Market & Product Strategy),
- Develop good communications and intimacy with Customers to highlight our reference solutions, identify implications of meeting customer requirements and alternative solutions.
- Understand and manage the Tender environment with support from Customer Director and Business Developer.
- Issue Top-level Requirement Capture.
- Identify and understand prospects and customers’ needs and based on this develop good business cases and finally signed contracts
- LEAD the tender work, i.e. develop the bid strategy, tactics and the capture planning
- Prepare the commercial part of the tender in close co-operation with the Customer Director and Sales Director
- Lead and organize the tender and contract documentation in the role of tender leader
- Manage the preparation activities, focus on customer evaluation criteria
- Prepare tender gate reviews/ milestones using a standard framework
- Ensure timely validation of the offer
- Develop a network with relevant stakeholders in the market
- Promote the Alstom Company and its products to the Indian Customers in the interest of both parties
- Develop a strong network within Alstom’s Product Platforms
- Perform Market & Customer analysis
- Participate and provide inputs to Strategy review, Customer Needs Reviews, Tender Dashboard Country Business Reviews, etc.
- Drive the negotiation phase with the customer in close cooperation with the Sales Director/Customer Director and/or prospect until the contract signature.
- Update the Wall. C database (CRM tool) in accordance with internal processes
Skills and Education:
- BE / BTECH (Electronics /Electrical/Mechanical)
- 5-6 years proven professional experience in a similar position and/or within technical offer management
- Experience of working in technically complex companies is a must
- Experience within the Railway/Metro industry is must
- Experience of working in an international company with complex internal networking and governance is a plus
- Language: Fluent in English
- Advanced user of the MS Office package