Position – Fatigue & Damage Tolerance Engineer- Research & Technology
Company Name – Airbus Group Inc.
The R&T team is a part of the ‘stress and design’ group under the Airframe department and plays a key role in demonstrating emerging technology readiness levels and developing innovative solutions for the design and development of current and future aircraft programs.
Job scope (core activities)
- Carry out F&DT calculations to assess design solutions using standard hand and computer methods
- Creation and compilation of stress dossiers
- Liaise with design, static, and other appropriate Airbus departments to come up with optimum design solutions for the airline customers and to define maintenance programs
- Spectra generation for various aircraft missions and in-service loads
- Liaise with the principal and senior F&DT engineers in order to ensure that methods, assumptions, data, and procedures are as per standards
- Identify and support local improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency while ensuring alignment with respective European colleagues
- Ensure all tasks and activities required for daily operations are correctly planned, monitored and executed to achieve customer time scales
Required Domain Expertise
- Sound knowledge of structural design principles, aircraft loads and Airbus fatigue manuals
- Experience in fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of aircraft structural components (Airbus methods and tools would be preferable)
- Background in the design and sizing of aircraft primary structure components and parts
- Ability to liaise/negotiate with design, stress, EU teams and customer services
- Basic scripting
- Finite element method / finite element analysis (FEM / FEA)
- Very good analytical and reasoning skills
Tools : Patran/Nastran, Hypermesh, ISAMI (preferred), NASGRO, SAFE, DAMTOL
- Graduate/Postgraduate (Aerospace / Mechanical / Civil)
- 3-5 years
- Ability to work independently & in a transnational team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility & adaptability
JOB DISCLAIMER AND NOTIFICATION
We bring to the notice of all concerned that Airbus Group India Pvt. Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “AIG”) follows a fair and merit-based employee selection and recruitment practice.
Airbus Group India does not:
- Send job offers from free email services including but not limited to Gmail, Rediffmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail and others.
- Authorize anyone to either collect money or arrive at any monetary arrangement in return for a job at AIG.
- Charge / accept any form of consideration or security deposit from job seekers and applicants during any stage of the selection and/ or recruitment process.
- Request for your credit card number or bank account number.
It has come to our attention that fake job offers under the aegis of Airbus India or Airbus Group India Pvt. Ltd. have been circulated by unauthorized personnel.
On receipt of an interview call for any job at AIG, the candidate may take some measures such as visiting the official website or career site of Airbus to get the contact details to enquire with the Human Resources department of Airbus India regarding such jobs and/or the interview details and any other relevant information.
AIG will not be responsible to anyone acting on an employment offer not directly made by Airbus Group India Pvt Ltd. Anyone making an employment offer in return for money or another type of gain is not authorized by AIG and is not offering an approved job. AIG reserves the right to take legal action, including criminal action, against such individuals/entities.