Position – Engineer – HVAC Design
Company – AECOM
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunities for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise, and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment, and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have the freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location, or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds, and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join, and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, and program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
Job Profile Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job level: 11
Job Profile Summary
The candidate should have a working knowledge of Revit, Navisworks, Hourly Analysis Program (HAP), IES, HevaComp, and BIM360.
- He should be able to perform calculations like heat loads, static pressure, head loss etc. independently.
- He should be self-driven, take initiative and be a team player.
- General understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Takes a proactive approach to communicating with team members regarding project design and expectations.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach solves new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Performs work in accordance with the agreed-upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently analyzes and applies solutions to challenging issues within the area of expertise by applying critical thinking
- Analyzes and applies solutions to atypical and/or challenging issues within the area of expertise using standard operating procedures/methodologies
- Engineering experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts
- Demonstrated experience using ACAD and Revit.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Prepares project deliverables that are reviewed by senior team members
- Continues to grow knowledge of the organization, customers, and processes
- Identifies incremental improvements to existing procedures or processes that increase efficiency or work quality
- Performs a self-check of work products prior to submitting them to others.
- Works independently and collaboratively with a lesser level of guidance needed for unfamiliar tasks
- Provides regular updates to the manager on project/assignment status
- May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job and may coordinate activities of a small team.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (with minimum 3 years experience) or Equivalent and specializing in HVAC Design. He/She should be well versed with ASHRAE/CIBSE/NFPA.
- He/She should have experience in commercial, residential, data center, and infrastructure projects from different geographies – USA, Canada, UK, and the Middle East.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking, and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.