Position – Assistant Manager – Production
Company – Abbott Laboratories
Location – Jhagadia, Gujarat, IN
Primary Function/Primary Goals/Objectives:
Provide overall leadership to shift blending operation team.
Responsible for planning, execution, monitoring, and overall supervision of entire blending operation in the shifts by ensuring Abbott Standards.
Primary purpose of role is to focus on blending efficiency/FIBC reuse through operator standard work and drive projects/actions related to continuous improvement in same.
- To achieve the blending targets as per schedule. Ensure that product manufactured are free from efects and meet Abbott quality standards.
- To monitor the shift activities as per quality compliance.
- Promote and foster good human relations within the department and plant-wide and work to ensure that employees embrace the Abbott Values.
- To assume responsibility of improving efficiency and quality of overall blending and dryer discharge operations.
- Ensure effective maintenance programs in place and ensure that all equipment maintenance is done effectively in blending and dryer discharge area.
- Ensure no line clearance events during shifts.
- To carry out assessment of engineering spare parts required in blending and dryer discharge section and ensure timely availability of same.
- Drive the Business Excellence Program and Lean/Sigma continuous improvement initiatives in the department. (RCA, OSW etc.)
- Provide relevant training to ensure employees retain craft skill.
- Lead and manage specific projects as required.
- To ensure safe operation in blending rooms.
- Timely reporting of Safety, Quality, Food Safety, Equipment Down Time, People related incidents.
- No un-authorized person entry inside dryer discharge & blending tower – High care area.
- To ensure only authorize employees are operating the blending and other equipment’s in dryer discharge and blending area.
- Ensuring 5 S in across dryer discharge and blending area.
- To ensure Operator Standard Work in all blending operations.
- To analyze Root Cause and executing CAPA for all failures in blending area.
- To ensure batch records and other documents are maintained as per SOP.
- To ensure 100% adherence to in process testing of during blending operations.
- To ensure GMP in dryer discharge and blending area & Ensure compliance to food safety related concerns in Manufacturing department for maintaining food safety in plant. .
- To ensure fixed crew system is followed across all shifts.
- To engage self and blending team on continuous improvement of overall operations.
- Take responsibility for the career development /planning and performance discussion of the team members by continuous training / coaching of shift crew in the span of control.
- Manage line or production scheduling and plan work force utilization to ensure efficient use of the company resources and timely delivery to customer.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Dairy Technology/Process Engineering/Mechanical/Food science with minimum 2 to 5 yrs. experience.
- Sound people management skills.
- Good understanding of production and/or material operations. Knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques.
- Knowledge in lean manufacturing or six-sigma methodologies.
- Being proficient in Gujarati is an added advantage.
- The ability to organize, motivate and develop employees.
- Interpersonal skills in order to have healthy relationship with colleagues working in different functions at site.
- Communication skills in order to understand and provide necessary feedback or solutions to the Site team and internal customers.
- Strategic thinking in order to go in depth understanding of Site Operations and related complex issues and provide the best feasible solutions at all levels. Should possess sound analytical skills.
- Decision making skills in order to handle the different problems at Site.
- Provide overall leadership to shift blending operation team.
- Responsible for planning, execution, monitoring and overall supervision of entire blending operation in the shifts by ensuring Abbott Standards.
- Primary purpose of role is to focus on blending efficiency/FIBC reuse through operator standard work and drive projects / actions related to continuous improvement in same.