Position – Senior Sales Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Robotics and Discrete Automation (RA) business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
This is a Senior Sales Engineer role, reporting to the Sales Manager in Business Area – RA and located in Ahmedabad. You will be responsible for for sales of products/ systems within a designated market in accordance with strategy.
- Building long term customer relationships and managing resolution to specific customer needs and issues.
- Identifying and developing sales opportunities.
- Selling products/ systems to customers, focusing on volume, mixing and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/ Product Groups.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promoting customer understanding of full product/ systems/ services offering, and aligning to provide a solution.
- Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Preparing sales plans using company tools and performing regular status reviews and proposing recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the marketing manager.
- Ensuring appropriate technical and financially aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Mechatronics engineering.
- Minimum 4+ Years of experience in automation field preferably from Machine Builders, Line Builders, SPM manufacturers.
- Must also be a good communicator, strong leader and effective problem-solver.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and excellent negotiation skills.
- Must be flexible for travelling.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (preferably in English). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.