Position – SCM Specialist
Company – ABB
Location – Faridabad, Haryana
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
This is a SCM Specialist role, reporting to the Local Division Supply Chain Management (SCM) Manager in Business Area – Motion located in Faridabad. You will be responsible for Identifying and carrying out development of supplier capabilities and performance in order to implement category strategy and mitigate risks.
- Driving the supplier qualification/ re-qualification process and ensuring the supply base is and remain fully qualified and compliant.
- Ensuring each supplier is in compliance with the ABB supplier code of conduct, ethics and corporate governance, ABB standards and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Leading and fasting operationally execute upcoming supply issues like quality issues, late deliveries, non-conforming products or project services.
- Identifying needed improvements of supplier base capabilities and performance to ensuring conformance with customer and ABB requirements and the implementation of category strategy both on short and long term.
- Performing assessments to establish a fact-based baseline of current state and using standardized assessments and when necessary build customized versions.
- Developing and supporting targeted suppliers to achieve ongoing conformity with customer and ABB requirements and continuous improvement in quality, e.g. reduction of variation and cost or increase of sustainability, service/delivery performance.
- Defining & developing with local unit counterparts (sourcing, quality, operations, R&D / technology) local quality procedures & practices.
- Ensuring that defined systems and practices are in line with existing group/ division instructions and procedures.
- Ensuring full utilization of local system for reporting, monitoring and disposition of quality and On Time Delivery (OTD) and supplier quality cost is reported according to ABB procedure.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B. Tech in Electrical / Mechanical or equivalent from a reputed university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain – strategic function from Low Voltage (LV) motor back ground.
- Must have knowledge in SAP -Materials Module (MM).
- Hands on experience on SCM policy implementation.
- Must have negotiation, communication & data presentation skill.
- Must have working strength with cross functional team.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.